Feedback

All things Greatland Gold.
Bottle Rocket - Liam
DEV TEAM
DEV TEAM
Reactions:

Feedback

Post by Bottle Rocket - Liam »

We have had since day one a feedback forum, for you to ask questions and suggest ideas.

a lot of tweaks and changes have happened due to feedback, - the dev team discusses things regularly and feedback is one of them.

This is old software, it was first designed back in 2005, that's why it is not as intuitive, as we would like, but it is free, and to a large extent works for our needs at the moment.

If this site grows and is deemed to be worthy of investment, then maybe we will consider a paid service, that is modern and worthy of it.

viewforum.php?f=66 - Feedback forum

Liam
Liam.
"One mine, three mining areas, a BEAST of an ore body" :!:
DipSard
The Oracle
The Oracle
Reactions:

Re: Feedback

Post by DipSard »

Hi Liam, by paid service just to clarify you do mean paying for a forum template vs using a freeware template - seems poor Freddie2 has misconstrued your post to mean that you intend to charge for people to access the forum over on LSE...... I've corrected him :-)
“Study the past if you would define the future.” ― Confucius
Bottle Rocket - Liam
DEV TEAM
DEV TEAM
Reactions:

Post by Bottle Rocket - Liam »

Right now I am paying for the Website, bandwidth, and hosting out of coffee generated from GGPHelp DONATIONS (which I make a point of never asking for and are community generated, and folk get nothing in return but a thank you.) - I am more mindful that the more popular this gets the more those costs will go up, I am confident of affording to support this, to around 10,000 users as it is without the need to "charge". It's- highly unlikely, I think we can agree (although should not be disregarded).

There are many options out there available for a forum, but ultimately it all comes down to cost, some of the new and amazing-looking forums are as much as £150 a month! I cannot afford to pay for that on coffee donations from GGPHelp/Telegram, so would need some kind of site sponsor, let google plaster the site with adverts or have some kind of a premium service that covered these costs if we decide to use one of these services. (all of which have additional headaches I would rather not have).

Other solutions, like WordPress (which we found really limiting at times during testing), have a one-off small fee attached for a template (as you say), that would help smarten the appearance, but ultimately are not as robust as what we are using today can be covered on the donations if it was something we thought would improve this service.

I would like to think enough people know me by now to know I come from a genuine, and honest place, I can't ever charge for access to the core of this site, that does not seem right, fair or honest to me, this information should be accessible to anyone who is, wants to be or remains a shareholder of the company. The idea of this being a "paid site" is such a stretch of the imagination by Freddie, who not for the first time today has been spreading disinformation about this site.

I won't rule out premium services if I/we thought the services brought value to the people that use them, but I think it would have to be something pretty special (let's say an L2 connection) that would be turning this into a bonafide business, and that is even more far fetched of an idea, than Freddie's initial suggestion.

No Dip, no plans to charge.
Liam.
"One mine, three mining areas, a BEAST of an ore body" :!:
strudel
Reactions:

Post by strudel »

"This is old software, it was first designed back in 2005, that's why it is not as intuitive, as we would like...."

Speak for yourself mate!

This is a fantastic site to use..... I hang out mainly in the satellite section of course and occasionally venture forth into the Main forum to admire a pretty picture from Bamps. I find it handy not to have to trawl through posts recording every twitch in the gold price cos that is a yawn yawn yawn for me.

This site reminds me of an era when I could find the "on switch" on electronic gadgets and get them to do what I wanted within two clicks - all without the aid of the nearest teenager.
Read on, the next poster will cover it all better....
zoros
Reactions:

Post by zoros »

For me (now that the dust has settled bedding in this new site), I see GGPChat as the "Facebook" and GGP LSE as the "Twitter" of social media when it comes to following our company.
The beauty of this site is that some serious s*it is stored here together with pictures et al. The down side is that you can't 'stream' conversations and keep them churning. You post something and then hopefully hours later or the next day - someone responds.
The beauty of the LSE site is that it can be quite full on and continuous with responses coming in within seconds.
We all know the down sides!!!
Let's be clear here - Liam (and Co) have built a gold mine of centralised data on and about GGP and for that he/they are to be comended.

Best
Z
Rotherby
Reactions:

Post by Rotherby »

Not all old things are not good, this software seems to be providing what the users of the site want.

We can if required ask for changes and we except that not all can be achieved, but there are some great bits to the site like Room One-Oh-One, so nice to see a dustbin, and because Liam has purchased a bin for us I think the Idiots that post will see there is not point in trying to post rubbish. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

https://www.ggpchat.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=101
With GGP for the long term, for my Children, Grand Children and the Great Grand Children, put simply the Tribe