How to de-register membership of this site

Have an idea that will benefit the community post it here for the Dev team to consider.
College Yard
Reactions:

How to de-register membership of this site

Post by College Yard »

Hello Liam.

There needs to be a means to de-register one's membership of this site and remove personal information. I am grateful to you and the other administrators for having had the opportunity to contribute. However - I am increasingly concerned about the amount of time I am using to post. I don't post on LSE for the reason that one post always leads to another and I'm making the same mistake here. I would prefer to remove the temptation by not being able to.

On a personal note - I read your posts in which you took a break from here and then explained your reasons. In my honest opinion there was nothing in either post for which you should be embarrassed and feel obliged to explain. I know from personal experience how much time and energy even posting on a board takes up - that's the reason I'm pulling out of this site - so it must be taking over your life. You're clearly a genuinely decent man and I think you have done the right thing for yourself to try to limit your committment.

The other thing i will say is that my own thinking is not in line with most of the posts on this site. It think the site is what some people call an 'echo chamber' and I sense an increasing 'bunker mentality' that has really come to the fore in the responses to the John Cornford article. That's another reason I think it's time to call it a day being a registered member. There's no point putting an alternative point of view and getting into an argument about it.

So - please accept my sincere best wishes to you personally and my thanks for the opportunity to contribute, but please de-register my membership and remove any personal information if it's possible.
Bottle Rocket - Liam
DEV TEAM
DEV TEAM
Reactions:

Re: How to de-register membership of this site

Post by Bottle Rocket - Liam »

Sorry to see you go.

Not sure I agree with everything you said, but I hear what you are saying.

You have been removed from the system per your request.

Good Luck.

Liam

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:22 am.
Liam.
"One mine, three mining areas, a BEAST of an ore body" :!: