Rumours a swirl.... but this just got quite interesting - FIRE TOWER JV? Joining the dots

All things Greatland Gold.
Hydrogen
Reactions:

Rumours a swirl.... but this just got quite interesting - FIRE TOWER JV? Joining the dots

Post by Hydrogen »

Have you Ever heard of Doug Kirwin? Well you have now.

Never ever forget that name.. Doug is basically a global legend, in the world of exploration and economic geology. And I mean a massive top flight big shot...

This guy has the ear of Eric Sprott and Frank Giustra (ie billionaire) types. Doug was a President of Ivanhoe mines for 15 odd years - - they - under his technical stewardship - discovered the gargantuan Oyu Tolgoi copper deposit in Mongolia (recently acquired 100% by Rio Tinto) and the DRC's Kakula Kamoa with its immense 5-8%Cu average cu grades (look it up!! ) Amongst a litany of other world class ore deposits. This guy is so famous museum collections have been named in his honour. Just these two deposits alone will contribute a significant proportion (I estimate mabe 1-4% of the entire World's copper over the next decade...)

Kirwin CV attached - https://www.bloomberg.com/profile/person/1776099...

Anyhow, Then, last night out of the blue; MaxwellD'tarney posts on LSE this 'suggestive' post about Copper Corp and GGP, but gives no further detail.
https://www.lse.co.uk/profiles/maxwelldtarney/ On it's own I might not have looked at it. But last week or so SPY had mentioned some rumour of something 'coming in September' on a 'corporate action' level from his Canadian friends (but he doesn't know what...)

For avoidance of doubt - I have no idea who Maxwell is. But he seems to work in the US, as he mostly posts at night. I quite like his interesting posting history. He's always been supportive of my view / theory of serious potential for imminent Takeover etc..

Anyway, I started looking about at Copper Corp. https://twitter.com/copper_corp?lang=en-GB

Then something startling jumped at me...

Copper Corp Resources were only just listed on the TSX in January 2022. But Two names hit me from their home page: Sam Garret and Doug Kirwin both listed as 'founders' of Copper Corp https://coppercorpinc.com/about/

I was like WOW ! That's suddenly very interesting

I'd never ever linked our friend Sam Garret and Doug Kirwin together before. Kirwin is prolific: Adjunct Professor of Economic Geology and James Cook University (where our friend Bret Davies who onece sang about the GGP cores ... maybe Garret was Doug's student / mentor? He was 2019 president of the Society of Economic Geologists Any how they are now founding companies together....

So this suddenly is a story that potentially has legs...

Garret lives and works in Tasmania. Garret has exploration interests in Tasmania. Garret is presumably mates with Shaun Day (Five Diggers one 5% of GGP) ... Garret is in business with Doug Kirwin... Doug Kirwin is big time a massive 'name' who can attract millions of dollars in backing.... Garret and Kirwin and working together on new copper projects in Tasmania.....

Heres a FACT:

Wanna know how many holes Kirwin's team stuck in Oyu Tolgoi before hitting the Jackpot? ... 148 holes. The team hit copper and gold in 149th hole... That takes SERIOUS financial backing: https://blogs.ubc.ca/mongolia/2016/oyu- ... discovery/ ( Hence, Kirwin is a big shot )

Get the picture?

But now just look at the proximity between Copper Corps' Alpine Deposit and the Mt. Read Volcanics of FireTower...

So are Kirwin and and Garret about to make a move for Firetower or Warrantina?
Are we about to see a new farm in or JV with CopperCorp Kirwin and Garret , or an asset sale and net Smelter Royalty?
Was this a 'gentlemen's agreement' condition of the stock deal GGP struck with Five Diggers?

IMO - It's all pretty juicy if you join the dots...

https://greatlandgold.com/projects/firetower/

The Firetower project is located in central north Tasmania and covers an area of 62 square kilometres with established nearby infrastructure. The project lies in the eastern parts of the highly mineralised Mt Read volcanic rocks which host major polymetallic (zinc, lead, gold) deposits such as Hellyer and Roseberry, and copper deposits such as Mt Lyell, and the Henty Gold Mine which has produced over 1.25m oz since 1996.

The project consists of the Firetower, Firetower West and Firetower East prospects:
Firetower prospect: significant gold mineralisation from surface up to 30g/t.
Firetower West: a mineralised system with copper up to 1.34% and silver up to 2.6g/t.
Firetower East: potential for a VHMS system with initial drilling intersecting zinc, gold and silver.

This is Garret's Speciality... And to be fair Garret's work discovered Havieron not Callum.. Callum just made it happen.

Remember if GGP are involved, and Kirwin is involved, that's a project that can pull serious finance...
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-09-09 at 12.58.33.png
Screenshot 2022-09-09 at 12.04.17.png
Screenshot 2022-09-09 at 11.58.04.png
Last edited by Hydrogen on Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:33 pm, edited 11 times in total.
In the end, Truth prevails...
Hydrogen
Reactions:

Re: Rumours a swirl.... but this just got quite interesting - joining the dots

Post by Hydrogen »

More images ...
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-09-09 at 10.40.22.png
Screenshot 2022-09-09 at 12.41.32.png
Screenshot 2022-09-09 at 12.57.55.png
Bancal
Reactions:

Re: Rumours a swirl.... but this just got quite interesting - FIRE TOWER JV? Joining the dots

Post by Bancal »

A nice piece of research and dot-joining Hydrogen. Very interesting.
Volvic
Reactions:

Re: Rumours a swirl.... but this just got quite interesting - FIRE TOWER JV? Joining the dots

Post by Volvic »

Hope this happens, lots of irons in our greatland fire.
Southside55
Reactions:

Post by Southside55 »

I have not posted on here for a while but wanted to say great investigation Hydrogen.
I hope it turns out to be correct, but even so, it does make things interesting.
Thank you.
Djingle
Reactions:

Post by Djingle »

Hydro, weren't you/aren't you an investigative journalist?

It shows...

Nice work!
Costa
DEV TEAM
DEV TEAM
Reactions:

Post by Costa »

Brilliant work H.

SD has hinted at one or two JV and one which he stressed was particularly exciting! Maybe!

All to play for.
Gelli Aur
Acechaser
Reactions:

Post by Acechaser »

Top man H - certainly got my blood pressure up; in the right direction of course.
Costa
DEV TEAM
DEV TEAM
Reactions:

Post by Costa »

SD has always stated that he sees us a multi asset company and with Havieron as a launch asset, a deal on FTWR or WTNA seems well within the realms of possibility.

A bit of positive left field news is always welcomed. Let's see if it arrives.
Gelli Aur
Samplank
Reactions:

Post by Samplank »

Great post Hydro and a good deal of work to put it together.
Thanks !
DipSard
The Oracle
The Oracle
Reactions:

Post by DipSard »

I think many of us have been wondering if there was something that might have been offered to get Pacific Trends to agree to locking in their shares as seemed very generous of them without gaining anything themselves, so this is very feasible as a potential deal that may have been planned, great research Hydro :-)

Potentially working with a partner with the Taz assets was mentioned when Shaun last came to London at the 14 July webinar:

Excerpt from LSE Webinar and Town Hall - 14 July 2022 :
https://www.ggpchat.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=322

.... think we've spoken about Newcrest but let's just pause on the portfolio before I hand across to Donald for questions
- really what I want to talk here is look Havieron is an amazing centrepiece asset but we're excited about our exploration around the Paterson again, it's a wonderful address but also the rest of the portfolio as well you know we continue to look at those Tasmanian assets perhaps looking to work something in with a partner there because they're probably not of the size and scale
- good assets but not of the size of scale that can fit in the portfolio with a Havieron but something like Ernest Giles excited about, still just trying to solve the first nations....
“Study the past if you would define the future.” ― Confucius
spadesAspade
Reactions:

Post by spadesAspade »

I mentioned this on LSEa few months ago, until it was taken down by admin.
Check out Flynn Gold, formerly Pacific Trends Resources Pty Ltd.
Same names ie Garret & Kirwin.
I said all along that these were the guys that imo will be JV’ing with GGP.

They are the new exploration arm of what was PT’s, after completing a takeover of Kingfisher Gold Exploration.

https://flynngold.com.au/corporate/boar ... anagement/
♠️A♠️
Hydrogen
Reactions:

Post by Hydrogen »

Thanks Spades and all…. I think it bodes really well… I’d not known Kirwin was in with Garret before - I recall you mentioning Flynn gold previously but had only associated Garret with Flynn.

What’s interesting is Garret is a really good geo... But he’s not a salesman. Kirwin is though.

And with Kirwins contacts book on hand, there’s no doubt these guys get taken seriously, whatever they are up to…

Should also have given Paddy credit for flagging Maxwells OP and Garret’s association with copper corp to me.

TBF paddy inspired this small piece of work.

If it fits up as I anticipate … it’s great news for GGP. we could be soon drilling on several new fronts with new big money backing it…
Saints 07
Reactions:

Post by Saints 07 »

Hydrogen, incredible work thanks for sharing. GLA Saints 07
poniexpress
Reactions:

Post by poniexpress »

Great research from Hydro as ever.
Are we now beginning to see the potential end game more clearly through the rumour possibilities? Possible takeover attempt/s, possible JV's etc. So we sit tight as ever until it all unfolds. We may have a Corporate Action/s quite soon and JVs but our stake/value is getting stronger with each passing day with SD at our helm. 8-)
TallChapJG
Beta Team
Beta Team
Reactions:

Post by TallChapJG »

Very interesting Hydro
Call me Chap
LarrytheLock
Reactions:

Post by LarrytheLock »

Great stuff H 😁
Shady69
Reactions:

Post by Shady69 »

What a great read that was, that's some research there. How you find the time 🤣
lastgasp
Reactions:

Post by lastgasp »

Thanks Hydro,very interesting
Hydrogen
Reactions:

Post by Hydrogen »

Well Well Well Maxwell is, 'in the know'...

This story emerged what .... 2.5 months ago?

We got almost everything 100% correct except the name of the company... but the Doug Kirwin - Sam Garret link was SPOT on... turns out they have two companies Copper Corp and Flynn.

(one for Zoros and the naysayers) .... :roll:
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-11-30 at 08.04.01.png