Stirling Meet – 6.30pm Tuesday evening, 20th Sept

Meet-up details and chats for the Stirling Crew. - Opens in July
Forum rules
Rules of this room are to be determined by the Mod
strudel
Reactions:

Stirling Meet – 6.30pm Tuesday evening, 20th Sept

Post by strudel »

The wheels have been oiled and we have another date for a Stirling meet. Guest of honour is Bamps so please bring your geology questions, favourite print outs, coloured pens or just an enthusiastic attitude to dolorite dykes, breccias, ore percentages and relative densities. (He has permission from Mrs Bamps to be in Scotland, so you could bring a cutting from the garden or hardy seedling for her Malvern garden as a “thank you”.)

The same back room (“The Lounge”) at the Birds & Bees has been booked for the evening of GGP chat from 6.30pm onwards. All welcome, just do a quick reply to this message so I can prime the venue with approximate numbers. If you are not familiar with the venue it does drink, nice food, is just over a mile from Stirling train station and is the mid-way compromise between Glasgow and Edinburgh.

The Sentinel-1B (the satellite that did the radar images, before it went ker-futt) black mourning cardigan will be making another outing, so you will recognise me…..
Read on, the next poster will cover it all better....
thelearner
Reactions:

Re: Stirling Meet – 6.30pm Tuesday evening, 20th Sept

Post by thelearner »

Hi I will be there. Might have another with me but will let you know. Thanks
First GGP Purchase April 2019. Then never stopped. From the lows to the highs to the lows. Staying Long.
Bamps21
Reactions:

Post by Bamps21 »

Hi Strudel
Just checking whether I need my passport 🤣
Bringing my google translator 🤣🤣🤣
strudel
Reactions:

Post by strudel »

There will be no subtitles.....

(That's actually one of my unwritten rules as moderator over here in this bit of the board)

We can resort to hand gestures if need be.... "Massive south-east crescent" should be easy, I'll start working on my "low value crackle breccia" and just steer well clear of any intrusions.
thelearner
Reactions:

Post by thelearner »

Hi Strudel - sorry cannot make the meet now for a couple of different reasons. I have let some of the others know already - disappointing as would liked to have met a lot of the members - but hopefully another time.
I was going to be bringing a friend who is GGP shareholder - but not on LSE or chat forum - but lives in Stirling and he tells me Birds and Bees was his local when he was a lad. Can you let me know if this is OK and I will give him the details.
First GGP Purchase April 2019. Then never stopped. From the lows to the highs to the lows. Staying Long.
strudel
Reactions:

Post by strudel »

@TheL,

I'm now suspicious you've pulled out cos you've seen the level of geology & mining homework Bamps is going to set us all ...

Send your pal our way, tell them I'm in the black cardigan trying to not ask entirely dumb questions.
thelearner
Reactions:

Post by thelearner »

Thanks Strudel - Bamps blows me away all the time and for geology I'd be a fail!
Good luck with the evening - sure it will be great - I will meet Phil some day - hope to attend Stirling and down South in the future. I'll give my friend the details.
Bamps21
Reactions:

Post by Bamps21 »

Disappointed you can’t make it, I was looking forward to meeting you.
Plans are at the moment for me to do my Stroud slide presentation at the Birds and the Bees in Stirling about 7.45pm.
I hope people can make the effort to come, most who attended Stroud really enjoyed it from reactions afterwards.
Explanations of company slides and latest drilling results is my goals.
If all goes well and a suitable signal at the venue we will post a link to view the slides and hear my West Country accent on Zoom
Please keep a look out for that, looking forward to meeting new friends and old ones
Bamps21
Reactions:

Post by Bamps21 »

Bamps presentation about 30 slides plus one new one not seen by anyone before put together by Strudel.
Looking forward to it
strudel
Reactions:

Post by strudel »

Let's just be clear folks, Bamps left me alone with his slide pack for two minutes (he should've known better, I know) so I snuck in an extra and "improved" another one - all the rest are 100% Bampology.
Fun_extrachars
Reactions:

Post by Fun_extrachars »

Gutted I couldn’t make it down tonight, hope it’s been a good one!
---
fun - enjoyment, amusement, or light-hearted pleasure.
Bamps21
Reactions:

Post by Bamps21 »

The Stirling meet went very well except we couldn’t get the pub Wi-Fi to work so our plans for broadcasting my presentation failed but everyone seemed to get a lot out of it.
Glad to meet all those who turned up thanks for coming.
Rubyinthedust
Reactions:

Post by Rubyinthedust »

Decided to log in! great to meet everyone last night lovely venue and food - thanks to Strudel for organising. Bamps21 was a pleasure to meet you and family and to peer in the PC and study the slide presentation. Many thanks for the effort you have made and dedication you have shown in travelling from all the way down south. Very useful and informative.

Hope to see you all again soon!
Bamps21
Reactions:

Post by Bamps21 »

Hi Ruby
Lovely to meet you glad you enjoyed it 🤣
Bamps21
Reactions:

Post by Bamps21 »

2 unpublished slides shown in Bamps Presentation put together by Strudel 🤣