ASX Listing

All things Greatland Gold.
Maltster
Reactions:

ASX Listing

Post by Maltster »

This recent RNS surprised me. Why would the proposed ASX listing require a capital raise? I was at the most recent Town Hall and don't recall this being mentioned.
jecsggp
Reactions:

Re: ASX Listing

Post by jecsggp »

Things are moving really fast. A rapid board response is needed. I'm sure all these ideas were already simmering on the back burner. Following the Newmont/Newcrest deal (if it passes) it will all kick off. Real discussion on this cash raise probably have arisen after the town hall meeting. There will some cost in restructuring the company (as proposed) but also as a response to Newmont assets potentially becoming available. Money is not needed for much other than the neutral effect of swopping assets for cash. An asset that is already producing would be nice to have.
Maltster wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 8:33 am This recent RNS surprised me. Why would the proposed ASX listing require a capital raise? I was at the most recent Town Hall and don't recall this being mentioned.
GGP holder for the longer term.
Rotherby
Reactions:

Post by Rotherby »

If we take the Newmont/Newcrest deal as done, then we have a new JV partner on three JV's.

Newmont have said they intend to divest of non core assets as is their way with take overs/mergers.

Shaun has had dealings with Newmont prior to joining GGP, but whoever was at GGP, I would think as soon as the ink is dry Newmont will be at GGP's door.

If we have the funds to buy assets these non code assets we should be in a good position to pick up some assets, (and PI's cannot fund any purchase.)

I think that Newmont will be interested in continuing the Havieron JV only, so we will regain 100% of the other 2 but may have strings attached regard processing of any ore, or the opportunity to have a share of something if found to be viable.
With GGP for the long term, for my Children, Grand Children and the Great Grand Children, put simply the Tribe
theSGD
Reactions:

Post by theSGD »

agreed, the only way this makes sense to me is because the BoD feel there could be some bargains to be had after the merger and having the cash in hand would allow them to move quickly. given the ride that the SP has had for the last 18months or so this recent drop doesnt concern me so long as there is a plan behind this....
Midas Malc
Reactions:

Post by Midas Malc »

The way that some insider info was leaked to the AFR is concerning enough, and appears to have been done for whatever reason to cause the share price fall. However, to produce a hastily written RNS neither confirming or denying another possible fund raise unfortunately led to even more confusion, angst and panic amongst PI's, and just has we had yet again gained significant ground with the share price heading slowly but surely back in the right direction with momentum picking up.

SD needs to clarify the situation, as now the cat is out of the bag, and a real spanner has been thrown in the works, he needs to stop all the uncertainty continuing, especially as he's due over here at the end of this month for a 'live' webinar and TH meeting.

I continue to hold and add on any dips, but even with me, there's a point where you start wondering what on earth is really going on in the background, and the difference between what we're being told, and what the actual facts of the matter are. So, those attending the next TH meeting or submitting questions for the webinar, need to ask some real hard-hitting questions, and not pussy foot around any issues.
Frolinde
Reactions:

Post by Frolinde »

Hi Midas,

The leak is the worst part of it all. Hopefully SD is not in on the leak strategy. That would mean the retail shareholders do not have any backing left. My guess is that the party buying in the coming issuance is the culprit and SD would be wise to not make this "partner" stronger by increasing their holdings.

Cheers,

F.