Shaun said 'Havieron is 80% Developed' at the AGM (and he's not just taking about the decline)

All things Greatland Gold.
Hydrogen
Reactions:

Shaun said 'Havieron is 80% Developed' at the AGM (and he's not just taking about the decline)

Post by Hydrogen »

Here's something that may have passed a few folks by.

Just been carefully listening to the AGM again... And at 45.20 Shaun Day says they've so far "developed somewhere around 80% of Havieron". Unless that's a mistake, that's seriously key information, given the debt package is untouched (bar the Wyloo loan). I noticed it at the time but wanted to double check - and he's definitely not talking just about the decline being 80% complete, at that point, he's talking about the overall project.

For context: he's basically answering a question about the possibility of a takeover from a PI, and he says “We recognise that Havieron is a world-class asset, in a Tier 1 jurisdiction, with lowest quartile costs, and we’ve developed somewhere around 80 percent of it. And that narrows our pathway to free cash Flow, and it’s attractive.” Full context is in Dips notes here: viewtopic.php?t=850

Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 20.48.36.png

A lot of people took away that he was talking about completing 80% of the decline. And I agree, he does also certainly say that elsewhere " we're about 80% of the way through the decline" several times. But think about this: There's a lot more to Havieron than the exploration decline. A lot more.

Could Shaun have mixed his thoughts up in the moment...? Maybe, but if you go back and listen carefully back to his words and his intonation yourself, they are definitely and quite specific - as I say I recall it jumped out at me at the time.

Further, theres way more capex spend than just an exploration decline thats involved in Havieron stage 1 anyhow. ( that's already gone into construction and is presumably, functional). We've seen the 30km of access roads widened in Linkdin , and new roads built, the 3-4 huge evaporation ponds, the paste plant, electrical and the ventilation systems, the box cut, the exploration decline, the equipment sheds and core buildings, the raise bore vent shafts and the most recently, the 2nd vent shaft ( thats going in soon) not to mention the waste rock land forms the roads and drainage work.

Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 23.10.27.png

Beyond this lot, they are at the 420 level soon and then into the U/G Drives and stopes , underground power supply. But in terms of construction really what else is there...? Stoping tunnels and drives and the decline to lower levels ... any final underground infrastructure, power lines from Telfer and getting the final fleet and any communications and plant control systems in.

Seems to me like the bulk of the major construction work is now done. And thus the bulk of the CAPEX is now spent. We don't have a large processing mill to order, and build and then commission or huge access roads or power station to build.

Presumably, they develop the top 2-3 few levels for mining laterally, and continue with the decline and lower access levels simultaneously. And buy that point the development will accelerate into multiple mining fronts - with multiple ongoing work faces - once into the ore and, at the same time, have teams developing the lower levels of the decline.

Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 23.18.24.jpg

By this time: - we can be removing 2-3mt form the upper levels, maybe more(?) and still be building the lower levels

I have always felt that the overall cash burn likely supported a higher proportion of the overall mine build being complete, and thus, the projected CAPEX spend be further on than most might think......I cannot help think that NCMs next plan was to delay the DFS, and keep building the mine in the hope GGP ran out of cash, in the knowledge our $220m debt funding package was dependent on their DFS.

This project is seriously de-risked now. It's 80% developed as of 6th December 2023.
Last edited by Hydrogen on Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
In the end, Truth prevails...
Hydrogen
Reactions:

Re: Shaun said 'Havieron is 80% Developed' at the AGM (and he's not just taking about the decline)

Post by Hydrogen »

The vehicles bottom right hand corner unveil the he scale if these ponds.

Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 23.10.52.jpg

Giant rolls of Pond liner Storage area:

Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 23.19.43.jpg

Vent raise bore shaft for ventilation next to crane
Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 23.15.46.jpg
Last edited by Hydrogen on Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:40 am, edited 5 times in total.
Hydrogen
Reactions:

Re: Shaun said 'Havieron is 80% Developed' at the AGM (and he's not just taking about the decline)

Post by Hydrogen »

It juts goes on and on the level pf construction:

Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 23.27.41.jpg

Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 23.26.33.jpg

Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 23.46.47.jpg
Last edited by Hydrogen on Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
Hydrogen
Reactions:

Post by Hydrogen »

Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 23.52.40.jpg

Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 23.55.24.jpg

Screenshot 2023-12-19 at 00.00.11.jpg
Hydrogen
Reactions:

Post by Hydrogen »

A Massive new 30km of road made 4 lanes in places. This shot captures the dozers and earth movers on the access road.

Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 23.59.23.jpg

Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 23.17.04.jpg

When you zoom in, these huge mine trucks and dozers provide a helpful scale to operations on the waste rock landform. This image is quite pretty .

Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 23.10.27.png
Last edited by Hydrogen on Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:36 am, edited 7 times in total.
Hydrogen
Reactions:

Post by Hydrogen »

And these new Google Earth aerial photos show exactly where your money was spent and the sheer scale of the Havieron operations.

It’s pretty mesmerising!

I mean, just how much money has been spent - maybe 60 - 70% of the total Capex. Moving that amount dirt around certainly doesn't come cheap. Anyone redone their drive recently....??

Screenshot 2023-12-19 at 00.10.24.jpg

Screenshot 2023-12-19 at 00.12.20.jpg
lebugue-addick
Reactions:

Post by lebugue-addick »

Hydrogen wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:18 pm
I have always felt that the overall cash burn likely supported a higher proportion of the overall mine build being complete, and thus, the projected CAPEX spend be further on than most might think......I cannot help think that NCMs next plan was to delay the DFS, and keep building the mine in the hope GGP ran out of cash, in the knowledge our $220m debt funding package was dependent on their DFS.

Hi Hydrogen

I understood there is a Sunset clause date of April 2024 - not aware that has changed.
"If I said you had a beautiful ore body would you hold it against me?" :lol:
Hydrogen
Reactions:

Post by Hydrogen »

Hi there LA - indeed.

And that Sunset clause is not far away. Just 4 months more with a cash burn of tops say $4-5m a month, that is not going to bankrupt GGP ( given the very healthy cash reserves and the saftey net of Wyloo's bridge loan).

I think my point was that given the level of CAPEX spending, and the now two year delay to this Havieron bankable DFS study, - it was originally slated as Oct/Nov 2022 - the NCM 'hope' was (or might have been) that GGP would have long run out of cash by now - (and presumably by somewhere in mid 2023 be begging the market for money at 1p or 2p).

I recall Shaun saying it was to his knowledge a 'world first' for a junior miner to successfully get bank debt funding on any asset that wasn't 100% owned.

NCM will have known that and been playing that game.. We are very lucky

BUT That man - our man SD - he just totally kicks ass.

Instead we are fighting fit with Havieron more or less 80% built (which IMO is probably big news to most) and with plenty of cash reserves to call on, and all without even touching the bank debt package (albeit we ow $50m to NCM and $50m to Wyloo which can be paid off as soon as Newmont produce their study...) and thats not to mention awaiting drilling results on quite probably, our best other asset EG.

Quite remarkable really.
Last edited by Hydrogen on Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
lebugue-addick
Reactions:

Post by lebugue-addick »

Indeed Hydrogen - I would like to be a fly on the wall of both Greatland and Newmont board meetings.

I am sure you're right about Newcrest trying to squeeze us - they hadn't reckoned on the influence Shaun has in WA, both on access to funds and personnel. It's very nearly our time now.
"If I said you had a beautiful ore body would you hold it against me?" :lol:
Hydrogen
Reactions:

Post by Hydrogen »

Aye - a fly on the wall would be nice... :D