Drilling At Rudall

Rudall E45/5533 - PascalleE45/5316 - Canning E45/5862
paddygall
Reactions:

Drilling At Rudall

Post by paddygall »

Drilling has started at the prepared pads at Rudall sometime since the last clear satellite image on the 11th November.

You can clearly see that they have set up camp there and have done pre-collars and begun the first diamond drill from the sump-pit.

https://twitter.com/paddygall1/status/1 ... g5nU5cnqUQ

Damien Stephens said in his presentation earlier this year that Ramses was the closest analogue that they had to the original surveys at Havieron - fingers crossed for a successful campaign - incidentally this is being partly funded by the grant that GGP were awarded last May so all good.

https://polaris.brighterir.com/public/g ... ry/x8kdopx

GLA - Paddy
Havieron - the gift that keeps on giving :o
Bamps21
Reactions:

Re: Drilling At Rudall

Post by Bamps21 »

Hi Paddy
The drill 003 the northern one looks to be about 400m from the other 2.
If it is drilled at 65 degrees south towards those 2, it will reach their positions around 850m vertical depth.
Callum did mention to me that he thought the top of the target would be higher up than the surveys are suggesting.
If either drill 001 or 002 I think it will hit the top at around 650m deep, the other I think will go east at an angle.

Let’s hope it’s a great find like Callum thinks it may be, as it’s over twice the size of Havieron.
Bamps21
Reactions:

Post by Bamps21 »

From my last post you can see I got remarkably close on the depth.
The drill was at 80 degrees which is probably the reason the rig couldn’t go deeper.
Fantastic to hit high grade gold on the first drill.
There are 3 layers in this drill
The top cover of 550m.
The unconformity layer following the Yeneene sediments
The angular unconformity with the earlier sedimentary beds folded and cut off by erosion.

The angular unconformity has iron oxides so at some stage before the sediments we’re laid they were exposed to air/oxygen.

From the sketch above you can see the folded sediments where the gold found is in an anticline of the fold.
The gold could be just trapped at that point or is in the whole layer.
There’s not enough information at the moment.
The consultants are suggesting this zone is 500m in a cylindrical shape, I believe that to be before the drill.
Next step another downhole survey to locate other conductors ie the source.
This could be a sill or an uplifted granotoid from below in my opinion.
They will be checking for mineralisation in the Yeneene layers doubt it will be from the same source.

Conclusion
Excellent start to this exploration on the first hole.
Mining at this depth should not be a problem but doubt there will be a decline, more likely a big shaft
Attachments
A0D647DA-8657-4A4E-BB56-D6879E8DF3B7.jpeg
8E2981B5-C9B9-4192-B9ED-FF179F8A8A45.jpeg
Bamps21
Reactions:

Post by Bamps21 »

Paddy’s video on this thread shows the track getting to Rudall looks like it’s heading for Pascalle/Telfer not Havieron.
Havieron is 20km as the crow flies but not by tracks
Bamps21
Reactions:

Post by Bamps21 »

Imageah it’s heading north of Telfer but seems to be southwest of the salt flats so doesn’t get to Scally
Attachments
39C84575-2ACC-46BB-801A-EBF7D3B0D478.jpeg
Bamps21
Reactions:

Post by Bamps21 »

In this drilling season they were due to go back to Rudall to do a downhole EM survey.
In the last exploration RNS it looks as though they did go back but the drill hole was blocked and the survey was abandoned.
Trigga
Beta Team
Beta Team
Reactions:

Post by Trigga »

Rudall RAD002.jpg
Basic Drill Path on Overlay