Anyone else at the Town hall…?

All things Greatland Gold.
Hydrogen
Reactions:

Anyone else at the Town hall…?

Post by Hydrogen »

Get the feeling from the tone, body language and intonation…

That the big deal is as good as done?

I couldn’t make it - in Italy this week - but been hearing a few people describing their take on the situation.
In the end, Truth prevails...
Maltster
Reactions:

Re: Anyone else at the Town hall…?

Post by Maltster »

Not sure it's a done deal as yet, but he did seem very confident. He made a big point of the right of last refusal clause being a big disincentive for anyone else to bid. They would have to go through time-consuming due diligence, come up with a value, present their offer, only for Newmont to ask Shaun if he would like to match it. It might be a lot of time and effort for nothing.
Redirons
Reactions:

Post by Redirons »

Hi Hydro - I hope ur right but at the 4 pm Webinar Shaun fielded that question by saying that he thought Newmont had the big 6 divestments starting in North America to work through first, which he seemed to suggest would be by the end of this year. As we were classed as a development project by Newmont it sounded as though we would be lower down the pecking order to sort out, but Shaun seemed to think that the development costs to maintain the JV ticking over would be something Newmont would carry on with.
I think it’s all in the lap of the Gods type territory but hope ur right and I’m wrong. As long as the drilling recommences as soon as the dewatering finishes then we should still be on target for hitting the top of the ore, which again Shaun seemed to indicate that we are still on target despite mentioning that dewatering may not be finished until H2, which seemed like a delay but he was quick to point out that once dewatering is over the rock left to drill through becomes so easy, we can accelerate through it.
Anyway this is my take from Shaun’s Webinar as I couldn’t make the TH and hope it helps and tallies with takeaways from others.
Redirons
chaseholm
Reactions:

Post by chaseholm »

Maltster wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:47 pm Not sure it's a done deal as yet, but he did seem very confident. He made a big point of the right of last refusal clause being a big disincentive for anyone else to bid. They would have to go through time-consuming due diligence, come up with a value, present their offer, only for Newmont to ask Shaun if he would like to match it. It might be a lot of time and effort for nothing.
Relationships, relationships, relationships.
Hydrogen
Reactions:

Post by Hydrogen »

Yeah I have argued this for while (despite not thinking it would ever actually happen)

The fact is - Anyone bidding against GGP would have bid up Havieron paying significant overs. This occurred with Regis and Tropicana (where agnico eagle had LROR…)

Possible on a mine like Tropicana. BUT Not so easy to justify on an unproven asset like Havieron.

This is probably why he’s grinning like a Cheshire Cat.
In the end, Truth prevails...