New Shaun Day Interview on Proactive

All things Greatland Gold.
CanisLycaon
Reactions:

New Shaun Day Interview on Proactive

Post by CanisLycaon »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fet48P7XUbY

Greatland Gold PLC managing director Shaun Day discusses the impact of high gold prices on the economics and potential of the company's projects in an interview with Proactive's Stephen Gunnion.

Day highlighted that the high gold price significantly boosts the value of Greatland Gold's projects, especially Havieron, which is noted for producing superior economic returns throughout various market cycles. With gold trading near record highs and a substantial resource base of 8.4 million ounces, the company is focused on transitioning more resources into reserves, enhancing their value under the current pricing conditions.

Additionally, Day pointed out the concurrent strong performance in copper prices, which also benefits Greatland Gold, given their assets include about 20% copper.

Looking ahead, he expressed optimism about the gold market, citing upcoming interest rate cuts and ongoing geopolitical risks as factors likely to support higher gold prices. This environment, he believes, will be particularly beneficial for gold companies, including Greatland Gold, which is well-positioned to leverage its significant gold inventory and favourable Australian operating conditions to enhance company valuations, especially in a strong USD and weak AUD scenario.
"Every drill hole we put in there finds more gold"
jecsggp
Reactions:

Re: New Shaun Day Interview on Proactive

Post by jecsggp »

Interested in his words, 'We have a 8.3 million ounce resource' while talking about GGP. ;)
GGP holder for the longer term.
Hydrogen
Reactions:

Post by Hydrogen »

What Shaun didn’t mention is that the Tech bubble appears to be breaking … Nvidia is in crash mode now falling almost 20% from the crazy cycle high. That’s affects portfolios globally - big money is rotating out of that whopping historic 2001 like bubble !

That money has to find a place - and thanks to China what sectors are going up? The metals. Copper silver and gold..

Our time has arrived..
In the end, Truth prevails...
Hydrogen
Reactions:

Post by Hydrogen »

I see all the bed wetting about the aquifer was just that. Stirred up by shorts trying to close.

Again he mentions the ROLR - highly significant imo
Aiming2please
Reactions:

Post by Aiming2please »

Was good to get some clarification
FuttBucker
Reactions:

Post by FuttBucker »

Hydrogen wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:14 pm I see all the bed wetting about the aquifer was just that. Stirred up by shorts trying to close.
That always read as a bit of a grasping at straws for a negatives spin to me. Nice to see the arguments being knocked down.

Interesting that the FS is still finding ways to be tweaked, definitely looking forward to seeing it, and trying to work out which bits were from which era.
Hydrogen
Reactions:

Post by Hydrogen »

I can only assume there if a big fat whopping reason the FS is being held back...
Becuase he wants to drop it post 100% acquisition.
ManFromUruguay
Reactions:

Post by ManFromUruguay »

Is it Shaun's to drop or is it Newmont? Would love us to have that up our sleeve but it wouldn't align with Newmonts narrative of maximising value from their asset sales IMO
I hope to be proven wrong !
Best
MFU
Hydrogen
Reactions:

Post by Hydrogen »

IMO this all may reflect the 'special relationship' at work with Newmont that Shuan has mentioned several times to investors.

Whatever deal is on the table, 'maximising value' in my book categorically means Newmont not being dumped with Telfer, due to the ROLR over Havieron. It is of note that the ROLR has been 'flagged' verbally and in RNS writing by Shuan a number times over the past 48 hours. It looks like my research suggesting the power contained within this right will be highly significant.

Being dumped with Telfer would be total disaster for Newmont. So what do they do...?

They set GGP and Shaun up for success; that's what they do and them perhaps bake in a slice of equity or future revenue, pinned to Havieron's success...? A royalty or whatever.

Nobody wants a bigger mess at Telfer than already exists (created but he ineptitude of NCMs business development unit in underestimating GGP and Shaun 00-Day. This is about politics and stage management, going forward, i think.

I draw your attention to this statement from Tom palmer:

"If you look back at Newmont's track record over time we divested .....into Northern Star and Northern Star today is a great gold mining company in the Australian context, has assets that were in the Newmont portfolio that are getting the time and attention within within Northern Stars portfolio with KCGM, the superpit, being their their core asset... why when it's the single asset there are many many good stories of Newmont assets finding a home in a portfolio where they can get the time and attention and deliver value for shareholders and and deliver economic livelihood for workforce's and the surrounding communities..."

Why has the DFS been held back so long... no real reason I can see other that to facilitate this transaction as smoothly as possible. Newmont lost $24m at Telfer last Quarter - they must be itching to get it sold at any price.

Giving Shaun the DFS to drop post deal would be a nice sweetener...

Otherwise they would have released it by now. We were told via RNS The document was more or less competed in Sept 2022.

Read between the lines on this one IMO

But of course it's just my guess.