Our Expectations now we are a Tier 1 Miner

All things Greatland Gold.
Quite frankly
Reactions:

Our Expectations now we are a Tier 1 Miner

Post by Quite frankly »

Longer term we will get dividends plus a sp we all expect, whatever ones expectations. The question is when.....and that's the question we all ponder in our twilight years, sooner or later, in my humble opinion I personally think it will be late 26 when all the ducks align to quote fellow boarders back in 2020 pre Gervais

GLA

From Quite Frankly who was defamed as a bed wetter at the time by an eminent poster for his cautionary views during the Gervais tenure and which belatedly i expect an apology from you know who you are
Rotherby
Reactions:

Re: Our Expectations now we are a Tier 1 Miner

Post by Rotherby »

We are waiting for the confirmation that Telfer has been working for 14 full days.

This is when we need an update from Shinybits
With GGP for the long term, for my Children, Grand Children and the Great Grand Children, put simply the Tribe
Shinybits
Reactions:

Post by Shinybits »

My understanding is that it got to about 13 1/2 days and a valve fault has flooded the plumbing space under the tails thickener, it’s quite a job to get out all the mud so they can get to the problem to repair it. Mills and crushers were humming along nicely, but mills had to be turned off while the tails thickener can’t be used.

I’m told this was Sunday or Monday? Still ongoing and from the description I’d say still at least a couple of days to get it fixed.
hizer
Reactions:

Post by hizer »

Shinybits
I hope you do not mind me asking but back in March Telfer Mill had a Christmas wish list from an observer which was to upgrade the
SAG cyclo converters
The stacker substations and
The cyclone feed pump VSD's , although at that time the existing gear was doing a great job being well served by a dedicated crew.
Was there any developments during the summer with these things or any other bits and pieces done to the mill.
I know Newmont has spent a lot of money on it.
Thanks
Hizer
Shinybits
Reactions:

Post by Shinybits »

Well I could be wrong on some of this but I don’t believe any of those things happened. Yes, they had the extended downtime but I would think the lead time for those components would be substantial.

Of those items I would be most concerned about cyclone feed pump VSDs in the longer term, but a great deal of this type of equipment is 20 years old, and whilst it has all done a great job over the years, spare parts are no doubt hard to come by as I’m sure modern equipment is completely different.

If Greatland wishes to run this plant for another 20 years (Newcrest and Newmont haven’t looked more than 2 years ahead for a long time) then they would be well advised to look ahead to plan for replacement of the ancillary equipment that runs the gear that becomes a show-stopper when it fails.

The SAG cycloconverters are a big ticket item, in the short time I was there they never had any problems and I recall a sparky saying they were one of the most reliable things in the whole place… but nothing lasts forever!
ManFromUruguay
Reactions:

Post by ManFromUruguay »

Many thanks SB for your considered thoughts much appreciated. Liam has also subsequently posted this morning that he has heard (hopefully verified!) that the fault has been cleared and the mill is being restarted.
Would be nice to hear more of this when SD is interviewed this weekend on Sunday Roast
Fingers crossed 🤞🤞🙋🏽‍♂️
MFU
hizer
Reactions:

Post by hizer »

Thank you very much Shinybits for your response.
You are a great help to the likes of me and others who have no knowledge of processing mills.
Rotherby
Reactions:

Post by Rotherby »

We know a man who has experience at taking over End of Life Gold mines.

He must have met the situation where they have had to plan for the equipment to be replaced either due to improved modern equipment that makes a financial case for replacement or due to age/risk of failure.

There must be a risk register that includes the actions to be taken to mitigate any failure, and a budget especially for the critical path items, and therefore must have the plans for improvements at Telfer to be completed before the ore from Havieron starts to be processed.

Thanks Shinybits for your insight
With GGP for the long term, for my Children, Grand Children and the Great Grand Children, put simply the Tribe