Reactions:

Re: How did you hear about #GGP

Post by PeterSalkeld »

Bamps told me about GGP when CERP went base over apex
bujler
Reactions:

Post by bujler »

From someone at work. A few of us were invested in SXX which was my first real intro into investing. Thoughy it might be an idea to diversify on the off chance that SXX didn't quite work out, so sold some SXX, and bought into GGP. This was just before the Ernest Giles thing.
TriGuyOLT
Reactions:

Post by TriGuyOLT »

A friend and fellow investor had been in for some time and told me. They were excited when it had reached 2p. I got in at the 7p mark and had wanted to earlier, but my wife was on maternity leave and it wasn't an option.
Brasseye
Reactions:

Post by Brasseye »

I read about it on an investor's forum on Reddit. Got in late at 12p. Now my biggest investment.
strudel
Reactions:

Post by strudel »

Before Newmont walked, so maybe early or mid 2017 it was mentioned on another board (UKOG) by another poster (mercedesman?) so I started reading. I had previously bought oil but never mining shares despite investing for 25 years.....

Then a chance conversation I heard between a chemical engineer and economist got me thinking about gold more seriously, so I bought a tracker, made 5% in a month or two and got bored, deciding exploration was the way to bag multiples.

Was still reading about GGP so bought in.... and then Newmont walked, I stayed. Ouch! Then HAD005 was drilled and reported and the Board I Dare Not Mention flourished.
Read on, the next poster will cover it all better....
Garmicri
Reactions:

Post by Garmicri »

I started investing pre 2009 after seeing an article in one of the Sunday papers. I had been looking for a gold exploration share after the collapse of a Greenland based gold company I had been invested in. Best decision I have made.
Lawsy75
Reactions:

Post by Lawsy75 »

I was told about GGP by a former colleague I was working with at the time back in 2016 I think it was.

We still keep in touch and I have promised to get him a Toby carvery (other carvery outlets are available) when GGP hit's the £1 mark.

I rarely posted on LSE (under TherealLawsy75) but have been watching and learning for many a year now.

Good luck to all and thanks for the efforts Liam
wildbill99
Reactions:

Post by wildbill99 »

strudel wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:17 am Before Newmont walked, so maybe early or mid 2017 it was mentioned on another board (UKOG) by another poster (mercedesman?) so I started reading. I had previously bought oil but never mining shares despite investing for 25 years.....

Then a chance conversation I heard between a chemical engineer and economist got me thinking about gold more seriously, so I bought a tracker, made 5% in a month or two and got bored, deciding exploration was the way to bag multiples.

Was still reading about GGP so bought in.... and then Newmont walked, I stayed. Ouch! Then HAD005 was drilled and reported and the Board I Dare Not Mention flourished.
This is my story too, heard about it from someone on UKOG boards... and thank god I did, cause that wasn't exactly a positive growth share!
Paradise
Reactions:

Post by Paradise »

mainly from ADVN and posts from Paddy and others
jecsggp
Reactions:

Post by jecsggp »

Saw the notification of the results of that first deep Havieron drill - haven't changed my mind since! :). With a bit of trading subsequently, I'm in at zero share cost.
GGP holder for the longer term.
Cassbet
Reactions:

Post by Cassbet »

A friend of mine rang me up, told me to have a look at GGP, I purchased a small amount on the same day 30th Jan 2020 at 3.1p. The more I started to understand about Havieron and also the breadth of other opportunities in the GGP portfolio I have been buying ever since on the way up, on the way down and hopefully IMO back on the way up again. Never sold any and with plan that GGP will form a significant part of my three childrens inheritance.
FSA_63
Beta Team
Beta Team
Reactions:

Post by FSA_63 »

I hate to start off my posting here by repeating a story I already told on that other board which we are all refugees from , but I think it is really interesting to hear all the different ways our fellow investors have arrived here…mine’s bit of a shaggy dog story, but here goes!

Back in the 1980’s when I had just left uni and jobs were thin on the ground I was wandering down Leith Walk in Edinburgh when I bumped into an ex workmate who told me that the office where I had worked over the summer were looking for a payables clerk.
Many years (and a move to London) later I was left holding a few Taylor Wimpey shares from the SAYE scheme. This is how I came to be reading the LSE TW board in 2018 when I noticed a couple of the regular posters (Possibly Bamps and TomE ? – if so many thanks guys!) mentioning a promising company called GGP. I did some research (I think this was before Paddy’s satellite brainwave) bought a few, and have increased the holding with each piece of positive news. Very glad I turned right instead of left that day 30+ years ago.
Masham Ale
Reactions:

Post by Masham Ale »

Hi Everyone. I am new to individual share investing and bought some ITM towards the end of last year. I stumbled upon the ITM LSE board and by luck happened to read a post by Hydrogen. A few clicks later I'd found GGP and it's board and that was it really. I got a bit sucked in tbh but as I've learnt more I've bought more and averaged down. Don't expect to buy any more now. I'm comfortable with the amount I've invested but for me it is quite a number of eggs in one basket but long term I'm very optomistic and I'm grateful to have learned about GGP's existence.
Mikey-mike
Reactions:

Post by Mikey-mike »

First heard about it in the motley fool and picked up some shares at 2.7p been hodling ever since 🙃
NorthEastBeast
Reactions:

Post by NorthEastBeast »

I first heard of GGP in 2017 when Newmont were sniffing about Ernest Giles. I bought in then but sold when Newmont walked. However I continued to follow the company and bought back in in early 2020.
mr_lash
Reactions:

Post by mr_lash »

This is my first ever share. I think it popped up on my google suggested reads on my phone (motley fool).
Nothingspecial
Reactions:

Post by Nothingspecial »

Hi all,

For me it was research and just luck. It was the 2nd share i ever invested in and was still very new to the world of investing. I researched the company and as my background was business everything looked solid foundations to build upon and of course you need to strike gold. UKOG was my first investment and just listened to someone else without doing any research so i lost on that one and deserved to. I remember thinking after newmont walked away if this drops to 0.7p il buy some more shares.....
sheps85
Reactions:

Post by sheps85 »

hi all, I have followed the aim market for a long time buying and selling never really made it big but steady profits and losses left me in the plus area.. Had this share about 3yrs now bought when it was 1.6p. I started looking for an aim gold stock as the price of gold was looking strong when i just came across an article about a great potential new mine in haverion. At that time they were just looking at anomalies in the area and I thought it sounded favourable and started investing in it. You all know what then happened with that great first drill in 05 hole, after that have just been adding. I will keep adding when i can. Good luck with this new platform.
Fleursy
Reactions:

Post by Fleursy »

Think it was on the FOG thread, then noticed it was on the JAY thread, I can’t remember the posters name, been down Rugby club and sank a few, but WHOEVER was really pushing to buy GGP. Due diligence on the Monday done and bought a wedge circa 2p. Kept a core holding but sold enough and bought back on drops to keep it topped up, now running for free. Not sold since the shorting took over in fact topped up so now holding back where I started.

Think just before lockdown.

While here many thanks for the new initiative it’s a great idea and well done all. ONLY posted a couple of times on LSE my filters were bigger than the discussions. Balanced views important, but more than old enough to have learnt how to smell a Bad apple and really didn’t need the negativity. GLA
Torretel
Reactions:

Post by Torretel »

First bought 50000 shares through a broker (no longer in business - special administration) in 2007.