Determination of the 5% of Havieron

All things Greatland Gold.
RationalAssessor
Reactions:

Re: Determination of the 5% of Havieron

Post by RationalAssessor »

Rotherby wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:34 am
jecsggp wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:00 am Dragging the heels about the 5% helps no-one really. Just make the decision :)

Not sure I can agree with that statement!!

We all know that easy things can happen quickly, but I think the questions asked in the post are such that we do not know the answers.

What we do know in reality due to the size of the discovery and the agreement, it looks like the point of time set for the 5% is sooner than we would have liked, in HINDSIGHT.

It is not easy and we have to have trust in out Board of Directors, to achieve the best they can, they do seem to have a hard task, due to the agreement with Newcrest.

I do not expect Newcrest to do anything other than to get the best deal overall for their shareholders, they have to assess the value of Greatland Gold to them, so I do not post things about them.

Given this I see that we have a lot to offer over and above the 5%, in the longer term, and as part of the negotiation's as with the deal that set up the loan and the Juri JV, deals can change, it could be that this is what is going on in the background.

I would like to see less short termism, you should not be investing in companies like Greatland Gold if you want instant profit.

If Newcrest had not put a silly date on their announcement we would all expect a decision within the year from December 2021, nearer to December 2022 than spring of 2022.

Sit back 'enjoy' the roller coaster and if you do not need to sell you like me have lost no money, and maybe topped up a little/lot on the way.

GLA
By "silly date" Rotherby, I assume that you meant the date that they expected the negotiation to be completed ie Feb 22.
If, so, completely agree.
Personally, I would hope/expect for a conclusion of the 5% ahead of the next NCM MRE - the one based upon assays up to end Jun this year).

ATB RA
jecsggp
Reactions:

Post by jecsggp »

Rotherby...Just think it is always better to make a decision than not. I agree wholeheartedly with all the points in your post. Not sure why you think I believe otherwise? Short-term is not something we should associate with Greatland. Real profits will be in seveal years time. I've been in for four years now (they owe me virtually nothing) so I do understand GGP... patience is the virtue to have. :)
GGP holder for the longer term.
jecsggp
Reactions:

Post by jecsggp »

Hindsight is a wonderful thing - I'm sure Newcrest thought they would have a much better estimate of the whole resource by their orignal 5% date.
jecsggp wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:56 am Rotherby...Just think it is always better to make a decision than not. I agree wholeheartedly with all the points in your post. Not sure why you think I believe otherwise? Short-term is not something we should associate with Greatland. Real profits will be in seveal years time. I've been in for four years now (they owe me virtually nothing) so I do understand GGP... patience is the virtue to have. :)
GGP holder for the longer term.
David E Maus
Reactions:

Post by David E Maus »

Personally I would like us to get the financially best outcome possible even if it means waiting a bit longer. And I trust our board to move this along as quickly as is sensible. Appreciate the waiting is frustrating though.