How did you hear about #GGP

All things Greatland Gold.
Markieee
Reactions:

How did you hear about #GGP

Post by Markieee »

Hi all,

Think this is a great alternative to LSE and Telegram.

Having been involved for 2 years I thought I would be interesting to understand how people found out about Greatland Gold,

For me I accidentally stumbled across GGP during the first lockdown.

Thanks

Mark.
Bottle Rocket - Liam
DEV TEAM
DEV TEAM
Reactions:

Re: How did you hear about #GGP

Post by Bottle Rocket - Liam »

What a great first post/topic!!

I think it was a gent called SpeedyMeady - He suggested it on a board for a share that we never mention now thanks to dodgy management and JPM!
Liam.
"One mine, three mining areas, a BEAST of an ore body" :!:
Costa
DEV TEAM
DEV TEAM
Reactions:

Post by Costa »

Completely by accident. Seen a mention of GGP in a MNRG chat on ADVFN January 2020 but did not know much about gold exploration investing.. Seen some sat images, Read a couple of RNSs... followed the GGP chat for a couple of days and started buying from February 2020.
Gelli Aur
Josh_shep
Beta Team
Beta Team
Reactions:

Post by Josh_shep »

I heard about it in a Facebook investing group!
Hydrogen
Reactions:

Post by Hydrogen »

Heard a geo I followed, called Terry Grammar, raving about the saddle reef rock chip samples … on a proactive investor video in early 2018. I Invested that day.
In the end, Truth prevails...
Chippy999
Reactions:

Post by Chippy999 »

Was looking for some cobalt exposure.
Read about the panorama licence and thought it looked interesting.
October 2017 dipped my toe in, been here since.
Just lucky ;)
Clive
Reactions:

Post by Clive »

I had shares in Bacanora and on LSE it had an Amazon-like function which said 'people with shares in this also have shares in xyz'. I just reaearched xyz and it led me to Greatland
MarkCWalsh
Beta Team
Beta Team
Reactions:

Post by MarkCWalsh »

Post COVID, I sat there depressed looking my banks savers interest! So wanted to start investing. A friend of mine told me to look into GGP after some chatter on a site he had seen. GGP is my first and majority investment, stumbled upon it and I am confident I got lucky.
edmunddante1844
Reactions:

Post by edmunddante1844 »

Saw GGP on the HL site for share risers and fallers back in Feb 2020. While doing due diligence, came across the 'old' message board (a much more civilised place back then). Appreciate this new forum where we can return to civility. Onwards and upwards! GLA LTH
Last edited by edmunddante1844 on Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DipSard
The Oracle
The Oracle
Reactions:

Post by DipSard »

Started looking to position myself into some juniors in late 2019 and coincidentally on a very rare visit to a chat board for a house building company I was invested in for divs I came across a few guys discussing GGP (I suspect Bamps was one of them!!!).
Well never one to waste time I started looking into GGP and the more I read, the more excited I became and .... the rest is history :-)
“Study the past if you would define the future.” ― Confucius
Blantyreboy
Reactions:

Post by Blantyreboy »

Saw a post on another site about Paddy putting up satellite pictures of where the drilling rigs were operating and decided to keep an eye on it, leading to investing.

GLA
fubar4
Reactions:

Post by fubar4 »

A guy, oldtimer I think, used to rave about it on the Tullow BB in early 2020, unfortunately I didn't 'dive in' there & then and by the time I had gotten round to doing some research and found some funds, the price had started flying and I thought I'd missed the boat. I didn't get in until January last year when I went back to my watch list and saw the price coming down.
"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!"
Mingbat
Reactions:

Post by Mingbat »

Saw people talking about it on another share I was invested in. Did some research and invested in 2018 for the first time. Steadily built up a position since then. Am now here until we're mining.

Incidentally - first post - hello. Am Iain M on Telegram
andytoknow
Reactions:

Post by andytoknow »

Hi ,
1st time for me to post about GGP . My attention was brought to GGP by the LEGEND that is Bamps . I too was on T.W. board when i started to
read his posts mentioning Greatland Gold . I started buying below 1p and continued to add up to 24p . I have been on LSE for about 3 years - never
posted only read . The last 12 months LSE has been ruined by non community minded individuals . I had over 40 in my filter box . Really enjoyed
Liams interviews with Shaun , HUGE thanks to Hydrogen for fighting OUR corner and Paddygall for giving me my daily fix of GGP news . There are
numerous others to mention - all those who share Truths and Facts about GGP which help me on my GGP Investment journey .

Regards , Andrew .
CK 1974
Reactions:

Post by CK 1974 »

Weirdly I picked Ggp amongst 10 others in 2013! Started getting interesting in early 2017 so bought a shed load more, held all through the newmont crap, luckily still here today on a free ride although I have added a few more here and there recently.
Just waiting for true value now
Faulder
Reactions:

Post by Faulder »

Reading discussion about a share I was invested in which was struggling I came across a post ( cannot remember from whom ) saying thank goodness I am also invested in GGP, so I took a look at it for a while, then invested a small sum. Later invested a much larger sum making GGP my largest holding.
Unfortunately I topped up at the wrong time and am now somewhat under water ( average 14p ) but fully committed to holding for now.
My main concern is timing as I am now 80 years of age so my timeline is shorter than I would wish it to be.
With my other investments I am moving gradually from speculative to safe and boring as a defensive measure.
Vidsmith
Reactions:

Post by Vidsmith »

Someone on the EUA LSE board recommended GGP about 5years ago.
Think the guy was called Applegarth but he’s disappeared from LSE.
Bellers
Reactions:

Post by Bellers »

Someone on the other site kindly mentioned it on the Sxx share chat whilst it was on the death spiral. I did some research, sold the lot and moved across. Probably the best move I’ve made since I started in shares which was in the electricity privatisation era.
JerryS
Reactions:

Post by JerryS »

Evening all.
So I heard about ggp from a Solgold board. Someone mentioned how good had5 was. But the sp had retraced all its gains from that announcement back to the 1.50-1.80 region. So I started buying and the rest is history, geography and geology.
Jim_moz
Reactions:

Post by Jim_moz »

I worked at Telfer many years ago (1988-90) and have always kept a weather eye on the project as I couldn’t believe there wouldn’t be other deposits (wasn’t thinking that deep though!!)