Management of Success

Have an idea that will benefit the community post it here for the Dev team to consider.
lebugue-addick
Reactions:

Management of Success

Post by lebugue-addick »

This forum has been an instant success with almost 1,000 registered members already. Congrats to Liam and team, a really great effort.

In the first 3 days there have been 47 new topics created in the Main Forum, again a great effort by members who have really bought into the new place.

With success of course comes management of that success and I wondered whether rationalising some of the topics in a more prescribed way might be better now rather than waiting for it to turn into members saying they can't find anything!

For instance, for SP discussion there is an already established topic called "Share Price" with no posts and in the Main Forum there is one called "SP drop" with 7 posts, and a GGP Share Price movement page with 5 posts. Would it not be better to sweep up all SP related discussion in one thread wherever that sits?

Could we also have one for each of Greatland's tenements after all that's why we're here? Paddy opened one for Blackhills and it might be sensible to open one now for the others in anticipation of GGP development. itsa10bag opened one for Scally though it's confusing what purpose this thread is all about.

"Determination of the 5% of Havieron" will have a short shelf life (hopefully!) and can then be archived. But I am sure you have this in hand.

"Permitting and Environment Manager" seems a little forlorn on its own on the 2nd page now - it would be better coming under the Havieron flag or even under Staff recruitment generally. Not fussed either way.

Anyway I hope this makes sense and hopefully could head off search issues further down the line.
"If I said you had a beautiful ore body would you hold it against me?" :lol:
Bottle Rocket - Liam
DEV TEAM
DEV TEAM
Reactions:

Re: Management of Success

Post by Bottle Rocket - Liam »

It does indeed. -The SP will be removed in a mo, originally the ticker was going in there before we found the ticker we have above now. (i just forgot to clear it up.

Once we hit the weekend, and now we have gotten our feet under the table we are due to open more spaces up.
(I was not sure how many people would join, so considered a consolidated area, with the idea of opening it up if we had enough pictures.

I was just going to let the topics loose themselves into the abyss once they dry up so that they remain searchable.

Thank you for taking the time to feedback.
Liam.
"One mine, three mining areas, a BEAST of an ore body" :!:
lebugue-addick
Reactions:

Post by lebugue-addick »

Hi again Liam

The Main Forum is again getting cluttered with a lot of posts meaning that many of the really worthwhile posts are now getting "lost" down the order. Is there anyway someone could sieve through and perhaps create pinned topics at the top of the page. They should remain active of course.

For instance Bamps' post on the Growth of Havieron is now well embedded on page 3 of the Main chat forum and I doubt whether many people will look past the first page and will therefore miss useful information.

There still seem too many "SP movement"-type posts - surely one thread would be better?

"Determination of the 5% of Havieron" is shortly going to slip on to page 2 and will likely disappear from sight or worse someone will come along with a new thread altogether.

I will leave you to sort out the relative importance of threads and their posts but it would be a shame if this great site were to become unwieldy.

Cheers l-a
"If I said you had a beautiful ore body would you hold it against me?" :lol:
DipSard
The Oracle
The Oracle
Reactions:

Post by DipSard »

lebugue-addick wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:37 pm Hi again Liam

The Main Forum is again getting cluttered with a lot of posts meaning that many of the really worthwhile posts are now getting "lost" down the order. Is there anyway someone could sieve through and perhaps create pinned topics at the top of the page. They should remain active of course.

For instance Bamps' post on the Growth of Havieron is now well embedded on page 3 of the Main chat forum and I doubt whether many people will look past the first page and will therefore miss useful information.

There still seem too many "SP movement"-type posts - surely one thread would be better?

"Determination of the 5% of Havieron" is shortly going to slip on to page 2 and will likely disappear from sight or worse someone will come along with a new thread altogether.

I will leave you to sort out the relative importance of threads and their posts but it would be a shame if this great site were to become unwieldy.

Cheers l-a
Hi L-a - you can subscribe to or bookmark topics of interest if you press the drop-down on the spanner icon :-)
“Study the past if you would define the future.” ― Confucius
Bottle Rocket - Liam
DEV TEAM
DEV TEAM
Reactions:

Post by Bottle Rocket - Liam »

lebugue-addick wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:37 pm Hi again Liam

Cheers l-a
It really comes down to the posters to get them appropriately into the right spaces, I can move Bamps's topic, but as you can see people only seem to be heading to the main chat, with all other spaces largely ignored.

The main forum should get full of "junk" - (Day to day posts), We need to ensure folk are posting correctly.

Granted it was not fully open, but everything is searchable, and as Dip says, you can subscribe to any topic that catches your eye for future reference.

Keep the thoughts coming, please.
Liam.
"One mine, three mining areas, a BEAST of an ore body" :!: