Bottle Rocket - Liam
DEV TEAM
DEV TEAM
Reactions:

Highlights of 2022 Campaign

Post by Bottle Rocket - Liam »

Highlights of 2022 Exploration Programme:

Scallywag:

§ Exploration programme has commenced at Scallywag and leverages a rich source of geological information and understanding of the area to drill several promising new conductor targets

§ Drill programme designed to test ground Electro-Magnetic ("EM") conductors for Telfer style mineralisation at Pearl, Swan and Swan East targets

§ Ultra Fine Fraction soil sampling geochemistry results currently being integrated into regional geological interpretation and targeting framework

§ Ongoing review of ground EM geophysics data and 2020 airborne Electro-Magnetic survey to enhance targeting and identify further aerial anomalies for ground EM follow-up

§ Further analysis of the drilling results from 2021, 2020 and integration into ongoing basin-wide geophysical and geological modelling to drive further targeting

§ Heritage clearances completed and access and drill pad clearing underway ahead of drill programme commencing at Scallywag
Liam.
"One mine, three mining areas, a BEAST of an ore body" :!:
Costa
DEV TEAM
DEV TEAM
Reactions:

Re: Highlights of 2022 Campaign

Post by Costa »

Third time lucky.

Oh for a HAD5 moment!
Gelli Aur
GoGreen1
Reactions:

Post by GoGreen1 »

I felt the announcement of the years drilling programme now while the 5% outcome is still not publicly sorted, and all the debate about capex and funding, is a real sign of confidence from SD and co, ie ‘we know we can afford to get this done’. Yes, the raise before Xmas set out one of its purposes was to help accelerate drilling on 100% owned tenements but for me it really helps to dispel fud fears about funding going forward - they know they will be ok for funds for Havieron and can use the raise money for this, a pretty fulsome drill program.
Bottle Rocket - Liam
DEV TEAM
DEV TEAM
Reactions:

Post by Bottle Rocket - Liam »

But they planned this last year?
Liam.
"One mine, three mining areas, a BEAST of an ore body" :!:
GoGreen1
Reactions:

Post by GoGreen1 »

To some degree maybe but plans can change if you’re trying to save every dollar. I’m glad to see they are still powering ahead with exploration which could give them a vital second string to the bow.
Bamps21
Reactions:

Post by Bamps21 »

Pearl is the A32 target on the west end
Attachments
EC84FFED-AEC6-4461-97D7-CF98E0D1931D.jpeg
414E6BCE-2A56-4F45-8D29-589E425D5405.jpeg
Oscar89
Reactions:

Post by Oscar89 »

Hello all! I just signed up for this forum and I'm super happy to be a part of the community. Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome and for all the valuable information I've already discovered here. I'm already recommending this forum to my friends, there are really great things to discover here.
Bamps21
Reactions:

Post by Bamps21 »

You can see the Fine Fraction survey grid quite plainly over 3 areas
Pearl on the left and A35 on the right with Swan in the middle.
You can see the purple anomaly right at the top on Blackhills.
I’ve picked up some historical drill intercepts around there on the Blackhills thread.
I will post a blow up of the Pearl area.
The section highlights the high silver intercept and straight after where they had trouble with the water which I think could be a supergene deposit.
The blue section marked Ca is calcium maybe calcite which normally occurs in limestone that is normally porous.
It also shows where they’ve gone through the plate target and found some anomalous copper and bismuth.
Remember Callum interview where he talks about looking for bismuth to find gold
Attachments
FE808D02-D8D5-49EA-A131-B0C1DC937E03.jpeg
27286655-D895-42F9-9DAB-280D9ABE90CC.jpeg
Bamps21
Reactions:

Post by Bamps21 »

The long section shows the cover increasing as it approaches Havieron on the right and the shallow cover at Scallywag on the left

The blow up of Pearl highlighting the original plate target they were going for but then found a second one shown in blue maybe identified with the fine fraction survey
PDD03 is the diamond drill
The other 2 to the left have only had the collars in, waiting for diamond drilling this year.
Attachments
DCC538E8-92C1-4EE9-AAF0-D232209A5908.jpeg
FC38E72D-F4E8-4D2B-BF37-8D2A635DEAA3.jpeg
Bamps21
Reactions:

Post by Bamps21 »

Pearl and A35

These 2 targets have been the focus these last few days starting with news of the native copper found in the rotary drill spoils.
This was found in the diamond drill hole between 77m and 151m, where water flowed into the hole making retrieving the core impossible.
Rotary mud drilling is where they use drilling mud around the drill bit blocking pours to prevent water ingress and allowing all the spoils to be retrieved at the surface.
It’s these spoils where they used the handheld XRF machine to scan them for mineralisation and found copper with a 17% value.
This gap in the drilling looks like the supergene trap.
It’s called a supergene as minerals are washed out of a strata and conglomerate together in a geological trap.
Winu has a supergene layer around 75m thick, but also underneath this it has a hypergene where hot hydro fluids forces minerals upwards and conglomerates under the trap which is where most of Winu’s minerals are situated.
I can’t tell from what I’ve seen whether there is hypergene or not but there are some clues.

The diamond drilling carried on below the 151m level and found additional mineralisation lower down.
They’ve stated finding chalcopyrites which we know is one of the main copper sulphide ores, this suggests fluids rising.
There is another anomaly down there which they’ve been targeting.
Looks like they are going deeper with the next round of drilling.

It looks like it may be a hypergene situation in my opinion but only more drilling will reveal what’s.

In between Pearl and A35 we have Swan, so Swan is sat between what looks like 2 possible supergene targets or maybe just 1 connecting them all.

Getting very interesting.
Bamps21
Reactions:

Post by Bamps21 »

Pearl and A35
Drilling is just one part of last year’s campaign when you look at the plan on the RNS of Pearl and A35 you can see the grid layout of the Fine Fraction particle survey.
When you consider they have to collate all this information with drilling data before understanding what’s happening, then you can see why it’s taken time.

On that plan look to the north of the boundary above Swan, there’s another anomaly on Blackhills that hasn’t been shown yet on the Juri.
There’s opinions floating around that this all interlinks in a Blackhills Dome theory.
I haven’t personally seen any evidence of a Dome theory but it’s all starting to point that way
(It’s not a Dome structure that would have protruded but linked incursions from below I believe)
Bamps21
Reactions:

Post by Bamps21 »

You can see on these 2 images that the source might be coming from the granite area shown in brown where the new licence encroaches on it
Attachments
0F44F715-62AE-4CA1-B608-98B0110CDCF1.jpeg
F92A433E-AD09-4268-8EE5-E87A442DB6E8.jpeg
Bamps21
Reactions:

Post by Bamps21 »

The last image we’ve been given is the top image.
To the far right next to Apollo, this area has always been blank but this image has started to form some sort of magnetic anomaly over the fault line running North to South next to Apollo.
The north of that still had a banner over it.

The lower one was shown at the Town Hall and made me sit up.
The modelling has expanded this area quite noticeably.
Where the information to do this has come from I’m not sure maybe last years aero survey.

The gravity survey still hasn’t been shown for this area but I can’t see any coincidences between the magnetic and gravity surveys that have been published
Attachments
17ABC15D-62AF-4D1D-B3B7-5B70CAB542EB.jpeg
A86DC54D-0E04-438D-8C5B-065BA85D3164.jpeg
Bamps21
Reactions:

Post by Bamps21 »

You can see the 2 surveys that were completed last year over the Pearl and Swan areas.
A terrific amount of work has been carried out last year
Attachments
E2EE657B-198A-4D18-9386-D5CF0A4AD087.jpeg
5E6A6032-FB71-4257-BCBC-B5DFD43D33A6.jpeg
Bamps21
Reactions:

Post by Bamps21 »

From that blown up image of Pearl we can see the GM surveying that they completed last year together with the 1D & 2D information that they remodelled to position the drill pads.

Ground EM Surveying

“Detailed 1D and 2D re-processing of high priority zones within the aerial electromagnetic datasets was completed as part of the 2022 work programme. An additional Ground Electro-Magnetic (GEM) survey was completed over the Pearl and A35 targets to better define the geometry and location of the interpreted bedrock conductors, prior to drilling. Approximately 20-line kilometres of fixed loop GEM data were collected, over the Pearl and A35 target areas”

This was in addition to the Ultra fine fraction survey seen in the smaller image of Scallywag all those black lines right across Scallywag.
From this survey can be seen the best sites for follow up GM surveys seen i the image with purple and red triangles
Bamps21
Reactions:

Post by Bamps21 »

Ultra fine fraction survey to the south of Pearl
Attachments
E463B8BB-E8F4-42EC-916C-3FA1A9A60405.jpeg