Post by Nitram64 »

New role posted in the last 24 hours.

https://au.jora.com/job/Superintendent- ... bMcv5CB_Mg

Superintendent | Underground Havieron
Newcrest Mining

Perth WA
Casual/Temporary, Contract

Challenge yourself with us:

Establish the Havieron Project, which is located 50km east of Telfer, WA via the development of the Karlajartu Exploration decline.

Play a key role in the Havieron Project Team and it’s success with both internal and external stakeholders, contractors in order to safely and efficiently deliver the exploration decline to meet the requirements of the Havieron business plan

Are you ready to lead from the front, with the ability to inspire those around you to strive for excellence in everything they do?

Please read on...

Operations near and far:

The Havieron Project has enjoyed exploration success over the past year and is rapidly approaching the delivery of an initial resource. The Havieron Project is the primary target of the Newcrest-operated earn-in with Greatland Gold and forms a key driver of Newcrest’s growth strategy. The Project is located in the Paterson Province, Western Australia, approximately 50km east of Newcrest’s 100%-owned Telfer mine.

Who we’re looking for:

As part of the Havieron leadership team, you will possess the desire to assist in the ongoing, site-based stakeholder engagement, to facilitate cooperation and alignment through strong relationship management between Exploration, Telfer Operations personnel, Project Delivery, Technology, and Technical Services; and challenge assumptions and foster innovative thinking, to deliver the best outcomes for Newcrest.

About you:

We are seeking a highly collaborative leader to provide operational direction to the work teams ensuring our resources, capacity and our capability are aligned to the work plans. You will be safety focused, team oriented, enjoy continuous improvement and be willing to strive for results. Relationship building, drive and strategic thinking are second nature to you.

You will play a key role in the construction of the Havieron Project in particular the development of the Karlajartu Decline.

You’ll assist in the ongoing development of an underground mining team capable of leading the next stages of mining at Havieron and show demonstrated experience managing underground contractors as well as all aspects of an underground mine. You’ll have;

A tertiary qualification in Engineering (mining or similar)
A Western Australia first class mine manager’s certificate of competency
A background in underground mine development and mining
Contractor Management essential as well as Drill and blast experience
If you are a solid Senior Engineer with a Western Australia first class mine manager’s ticket and looking to join a progressive organization for your next career move to become a Superintendent; we would love to hear from you.

A firm focus will be on teamwork and fostering the development of a team. We are looking for a strong communicator and influencer and someone who is familiar with working in a highly collaborative environment with a strong emphasis on innovation and best practise.

Please note: This is a two year fixed term role at our Havieron mine site, FIFO from Perth on an 8 days on/6 off roster (Monday to Monday).

Our commitment to you

Look around and you’ll discover opportunities to explore different pathways. Supported by development programs and guided by our leaders, you’ll learn and grow in your time with us.

Keeping our people safe and healthy is our most important asset. Our commitment to safety, health and wellbeing is supported by systems and standards that embed our safety culture.
Redirons
Reactions:

Re: New Role - Superintendent | Underground Havieron

Post by Redirons »

Love this part of the role description:-
“The Havieron Project has enjoyed exploration success over the past year and is rapidly approaching the delivery of an initial resource. The Havieron Project is the primary target of the Newcrest-operated earn-in with Greatland Gold and forms a key driver of Newcrest’s growth strategy. The Project is located in the Paterson Province, Western Australia, approximately 50km east of Newcrest’s 100%-owned Telfer mine.”
Great times ahead and sooner than we may think imho!!! Thanks for posting this.
Redirons
Dot01
Reactions:

Post by Dot01 »

You could be fooled into thinking Newcrest have decided to actually ……mine Havieron🤣

“- the ongoing development of an underground mining team - the next stages of mining at Havieron”
“- experience managing…all aspects of an underground mine”
“- background in underground mine development and mining”
“- ….essential as well as Drill and blast experience”

IMO a change in the language/tone of this advert compared to previous ads and comms.
Acechaser
Reactions:

Post by Acechaser »

You are not to be fooled dot - they do not run ads like this unless they are committed to mine; my own opinion from experience in WA mine industry over 30 years.
Rotherby
Reactions:

Post by Rotherby »

So they think the construction of the mine will be complete in 2 years, and they will be mining and business as usual at that point in time.

otherwise why is it "This is a two year fixed term role at our Havieron mine site"
With GGP for the long term, for my Children, Grand Children and the Great Grand Children, put simply the Tribe