Member to member contact

Have an idea that will benefit the community post it here for the Dev team to consider.
Rotherby
Reactions:

Member to member contact

Post by Rotherby »

Is it now time for member to member contact to be opened up?
It would allow the arrangement of meets for members that are not yet in the south which seems ok, but all points North need a helping hand.
:cry: .
With GGP for the long term, for my Children, Grand Children and the Great Grand Children, put simply the Tribe
Chris_On_GGPChat
Reactions:

Re: Member to member contact

Post by Chris_On_GGPChat »

I would not be in favour of this unless all users were defaulted to be non contactable from the outset so that one would need to opt-in to be messaged - either by individual users or globally. Then of course there would need to be the functionality to block users.
Rotherby
Reactions:

Post by Rotherby »

Both of your comments are dealt with in the user control panel.

You can set it to receive emails from members?

And you can have Friends and Foes, so you are covered there.
With GGP for the long term, for my Children, Grand Children and the Great Grand Children, put simply the Tribe
Chris_On_GGPChat
Reactions:

@Rotherby 12:37

I disagree.

The description on the "Manage foes" tab of User Control Panel states:
"...Private messages from foes are still permitted. ..."

Maybe this and other concerns will be considered if your suggestion is implemented.
Rotherby
Reactions:

Post by Rotherby »

Chris you can disagree, but you have the options under board preferences of not taking part.

These are the options:-
Users can contact me by email: Yes No
Administrators can email me information: Yes No
Allow users to send you private messages: Yes No
Note that administrators and moderators will always be able to send you messages.
Hide my online status: Yes No
Changing this setting won’t become effective until your next visit to the board.

I think, these cover the matter you raised, and I am sure before implementing any of the board enhancements, Liam will carefully consider the pros and cons. It appears the board creators have already consider the points you make, and you would prevent others from the use of these features.

I do know that we do need to be able to communicate, member to member, if we are to arrange local meets, and the facilities are there and can be switched on/off at the members will.
Chris_On_GGPChat
Reactions:

I simply intended to reply to your initial question as posed. I hope those that want to meet up find a safe and secure mechanism to share their details. Good luck.
Bottle Rocket - Liam
DEV TEAM
DEV TEAM
Reactions:

Post by Bottle Rocket - Liam »

We have no intention of opening up the DM system here. it is turned off on a global level. (regardless of settings).

We have a forum for communication of meet-ups in each area,(https://www.ggpchat.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=97 which I believe to be sufficient to discuss and plan something, there should be no need to really communicate with someone directly. if you wish to plan something, I can and will announce it both here, and on all the Telegram channels.

Should you wish to have an email address (greatlandmeetup@whatsmyemail.com) you are more than welcome to publish that. The Doors does for his meats in Stoud.

I believe both the Stag Gang, and Stroud have communication outside of websites.

Liam
Liam.
"One mine, three mining areas, a BEAST of an ore body" :!: