GGP Share Price and its relation to Google Trends Popularity

All things Greatland Gold.
Miller
Reactions:

GGP Share Price and its relation to Google Trends Popularity

Post by Miller »

Hi Guys.

I have been messing about with the GGP share price data for the past three years and how often 'ggp share price' is googled to look for any relationships between the two. I used historical price data from yahoo finance and google trends as data points. I found a significant positive relationship between the two variables with a Pearsons correlation score of 0.826**.

These findings show that either an increase in share price leads to an increase in the amount 'ggp share price' is googled (the more likely) or an increase in the amount 'ggp share price' is googled leads to an increase in share price (the less likely).

Data shown below, with a nice graph :)
Capture.PNG
Picture1.png
OilMonkey
Reactions:

Re: GGP Share Price and its relation to Google Trends Popularity

Post by OilMonkey »

Does correlation equal causation though?

I must say when the share price was on a roll rising all the time I became absolutely obsessed with looking at the SP on Google. I've since been much less interested and tend to take a gander once per day rather than once an hour!
Hydrogen
Reactions:

Post by Hydrogen »

Nice work - Is it the case, that an increase in GGP share price, also correlates with increased feelings of investor content and happiness...? :D
In the end, Truth prevails...
Miller
Reactions:

Post by Miller »

Hydrogen wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:11 am Nice work - Is it the case, that an increase in GGP share price, also correlates with increased feelings of investor content and happiness...? :D
Still looking further into this but I’d have a guess in saying that the increase in share price pricks the ears of many which in turn results in an increased searches.