25/10/22 - Future surface activity for vertical shafts

Mine, and decline specific questions - Opens in July
strudel
Reactions:

25/10/22 - Future surface activity for vertical shafts

Post by strudel »

Some limited surface activity should become apparent as the decline and other mine workings progress particularly when the top of the ore body is reached. The pretty pictures here are taken from a combination of Sentinel and Inventum3d. The latter is much easier to visualize when you have control of the angle / zoom / rotation of what you are viewing - and the layers you are choosing to view..... give it a whirl yourself!

I've generally tried to view everything from the south..... so the decline entrance is to the right.

The Inventum3d Terrain layer with Drill collars (left hand image) is out of date with the current progress of mine infrastructure on the surface as seen by Sentinel (right hand image).

Inv3d terrain 3d and now.jpg

Adding the Mine infrastructure on the 3d and viewing from way below, you can see the surface terrain detail and how it relates to the decline and underground mine infrastructure:

Inv3d mine from below.jpg

Zooming in on the decline tunnel and spirals leading to the top of the ore body three groups of vertical shafts are visible. The two closest to the decline entrance are already in situ south of the sand dune lines.

Inv3d spiral decline vents.jpg

Changing the angle to see the surface terrain you can see where the the next groups towards the end of the spiral, of two and four shafts, are going to reach the surface.

Inv3d spiral decline vents surface points.jpg

Flipping back to the surface you can see where the red tips of some (but not all) of theses shafts break through the terrain layer - shown with four yellow arrows.

Inv3d spiral decline vents surface points marked.jpg

Using a bit of rough and ready reckoning - judging by changes in the colour of the sand and drill collar locations - the two areas where, if they are sticking to the mine layout shown on Inventum3d, surface works should appear at close to the red cross and blue circle locations.

Inv3d terrain now vent exits.jpg

Looking back at the mine infrastructure from above and taking the terrain away the red and blue crosses are shown on the tips of the two groups of vertical shafts. This image is viewed from the north east back towards the decline entrance - in order to show a clearer view of the vertical shafts, spiral decline and the portal entrance.

Inv3d mine - cross and circle.jpg

Someone else with mining knowledge will correct my use of the word "shafts" and explain what each one is for..... and when they are likely to be constructed.
Read on, the next poster will cover it all better....
Bamps21
Reactions:

Re: 25/10/22 - Future surface activity for vertical shafts

Post by Bamps21 »

These are the underground vents I was on about. They go between the spirals
Attachments
3FC335BA-7B43-4820-BE41-7C63D0246756.jpeg
strudel
Reactions:

Post by strudel »

Ah vents between spirals - ain't no chance of Sentinel spotting them....

Speaking of spotting - typo in my lefts and rights. Decline is always on the left of my sequence of images.
Read on, the next poster will cover it all better....
GoGreen1
Reactions:

Post by GoGreen1 »

Wow, thanks both, that is great work and really helps in visualising how things are progressing (and expected to progress) over time.