27/10/22 - Scallywag drilling

(Paddysat) Overhead image discussions, overlays and comparisons
Forum rules
Please start all threads with the date of image capture DD/MM/YY
strudel
Reactions:

27/10/22 - Scallywag drilling

Post by strudel »

Scallywag, everyone's favourite tenement to love/hate.....

To remind you where it is, north and west of HAV, and 100% owned by GGP.

Scallywag overview October 22.jpg

The Oct / Nov 22 drilling is focused very close to the northern boundary (within the yellow line) next door to Blackhills (its distinctive outcrops of rocks are inside the green loop - where the JV drilling was always in close proximity to.....)

Scallywag drilling overview October 22.jpg

Numerous pads were prepared earlier in 2022, and according to SD's words RC drilled and collars installed (that type of drilling and collar fitting is very tricky to spot via Sentinel), with a pad visible at the tip of every blue arrow.

Scallywag prepared pads October 22.jpg

And just to prove my inability to spot an obvious spot the first core drill, appeared on 27th October ..... at a location where I hadn't even noticed a pad....

It is inside the blue circle....

Scallywag drilling 27 10 22.jpg

The drill was still there on the 1st November....

Scallywag drilling 01 11 22.jpg

The drill was still there on the 6th November.... although its angle may have changed marginally .....which could possibly maybe perhaps be an indication of a bit of wedge drilling - two drills heading off in slightly different directions using the same collar through the dull and boring permian. [...and I could be utterly wrong about that wedge - they may have had an issue with the drill, for example, and had to try again.]

Scallywag drilling 06 11 22.jpg

....and the drill was still there on the 11th November.

Scallywag drilling 11 11 22.jpg

....things may have got more exciting subsequently. Although it's hard to tell - yeah, I know......

The Sentinel updates on the 16th and 21st November have both been white out / blanket cloud. Fingers crossed for a clear day on the 26th November at the next update.
Read on, the next poster will cover it all better....
Mremc2
Reactions:

Re: 27/10/22 - Scallywag drilling

Post by Mremc2 »

Hi Studel , thanks for pointing out the drill pad. How did you ever spot the 'dot' on your mobile ha ha!

On my laptop if I flip between two weekly images the dot on 11 Nov has grown larger

1/11/2022

https://apps.sentinel-hub.com/eo-browse ... 2MAPZEN%22

11/11/2022

https://apps.sentinel-hub.com/eo-browse ... 2MAPZEN%22
Mremc2
Reactions:

Post by Mremc2 »

* Strudel
strudel
Reactions:

Post by strudel »

Hi MrEMC2

I kept my sanity by reaching for the laptop for this thread updating the GGP chat.... And had to wait for a long dark winter's night to find the motivation to collate all the images.
Read on, the next poster will cover it all better....