KEY POINTS FROM Mining Capital's Ford on Greatland Gold's intense drilling programme - JULY 20th

DipSard
The Oracle
The Oracle
Reactions:

KEY POINTS FROM Mining Capital's Ford on Greatland Gold's intense drilling programme - JULY 20th

Post by DipSard »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiPap5QESDA
Greatland Gold PLC (LON:GGP) says new drilling results continue to support the potential for resource expansion of the Havieron gold-copper project in Western Australia.
The company valued at £730 mln says joint venture partner Newcrest Mining Ltd (ASX:NCM), has completed a total of 184,081 metres of drilling from 212 holes so far. Seven new drill holes, previously unreported, have all intersected significant mineralisation.
Mining Capital's Alastair Ford tells Proactive London that the size of Havieron's resource could continue to get bigger, and encourages investors to read the recent Berenberg note which supports that hypothesis.

Some key points from Alistair Ford:
- News flow around GGP getting more and more intense
- Continues to intersect gold outside of the previously envisaged mining area
- Looks like Havieron is going to become much much bigger than it already is and as we know it is already pretty big
- Certainly people in quite serious roles, analysts in the city etc. are beginning to speculate that this discovery may be one of the biggest gold discoveries of recent decades
- Probably not too long now before this discovery actually starts getting mined because NCM is digging a deep decline down into the resource, aiming to go right to the top of the resource with this decline
- Although actual decision to mine has not yet been made, the actual dimensions of the decline which have been dug are such that it will be possible to mine once the decision to mine is made.
- Pretty clear what NCM is thinking in digging this decline, I think the market can look at a decision to mine with a decent amount of optimism.
- The thing about these grades is the grades are strong but what is really spectacular about Havieron is the length of the intersects (correlating to really really large amounts of tonnage )
- Gold grade is very good but it exists across such huge intercepts that the amount of gold in the ground there, the tonnage is just going to turn out to be immense
- In terms of disconnect with share price and potential value of resource - the opportunity here is taking a view on how much gold there might be in the ground vs how much currently reported and whether or not you believe this will become a mine.
- If investors are optimistic on both of these factors (above) then GGP might be worth a look.
“Study the past if you would define the future.” ― Confucius