Telfer Grade U/G is 2g+

All things Greatland Gold.
Hydrogen
Reactions:

Telfer Grade U/G is 2g+

Post by Hydrogen »

As you can see from the Newcrest annual reports 2023 : Telfer Underground grade is 1.8g/t plus 0.46Cu which equates to about 2.2G/t Equivalent

Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 14.28.11.png

So Telfer Underground is a highly profitable mine, and has lower overall mining cost than the West dome.

The West Dome is weaker and more variable 0.7-0.9g equivalent: The open pit is suffering from low grade however the truth is that in an increased gold price environment provide high torque to high cost deposits. Telfer's Hedging may be problem though.

Think Bamps has made a mistake here:

Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 14.30.58.png

And this latest ASIC document form Newmont's most recent quarterly puts the AISC per Oz at Telfer at $1988 (not $2500) - however this period covers the recent shut down- Unless Bamps means AUD? But Newcrest didn't use AUD in their documents and Newmont certainly don't.

Once these issue are resolved Telfer underground is a good producer.
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 15.04.44.png
In the end, Truth prevails...
zoros
Reactions:

Re: Telfer Grade U/G is 2g+

Post by zoros »

So Telfer is a "good producer" and Hav is expected to push out 300Koz_/yr......ergo - NEM wants shot of it? Hmmm?
They should have talked to you first methinks.
Z
wildbill99
Reactions:

Post by wildbill99 »

I may have dreamt it - but I could have sworn that Shaun said in an interview that if Greatland were to acquire Telfer that they'd be able to reduce the AISC because they wouldn't have the fixed costs associated with a massive global corporation.

Zoros... would that not make it unattractive for NEM and attractive for GGP?
Hydrogen
Reactions:

Post by Hydrogen »

Zoros could it be as simple as it doesn’t fit.. even if close it’s not quite right for them given they commit let’s to consolidation of their portfolio.
In the end, Truth prevails...