Callum Baxter Has Left Greatland Gold?

All things Greatland Gold.
Gadbury
Reactions:

Callum Baxter Has Left Greatland Gold?

Post by Gadbury »

Hi all,

Recently enjoyed Callum's interview here. Well worth a watch.

https://youtu.be/QyuCoTk0Yiw

A comment on that YouTube video worried me. Stuart (Hinds), if the same person as on Twitter posting info, is a name I trust. Perhaps you are here, Stuart?

It reads:
"Didn't know he'd left Greatland".

I questioned it and the channel owner has confirmed that Callum has left Greatland Gold.

I still can't quite believe it until I hear it from the horses mouth, but I also have no reason to doubt the interviewer.

I wonder if / how he's involved. Technical consultant? Still heavily invested, no doubt...

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
speedymeadie
Reactions:

Re: Callum Baxter Has Left Greatland Gold?

Post by speedymeadie »

Hi All. Is this news real? Has anyone had confirmation from Calum or the GGP office? Not good if he has left. ATB Speedy
CanisLycaon
Reactions:

Post by CanisLycaon »

As most people probably know, Callum Baxter resigned his full time role as Chief Technical Officer and Director of Greatland Gold Plc on 31 August 2021, when he was also appointed to the Technical Advisory Committee (TAC).

https://find-and-update.company-informa ... pointments

The TAC reports to Shaun Day and is there to, "Provide technical input and enhance the company’s existing capabilities in exploration, resource definition, mine development and ore processing.

In addition to Callum Baxter, Greatland Gold also appointed Stuart Masters, Simon Hanrahan and Dr Ian Ritchie to the TAC.

I have no idea if Callum Baxter has now also resigned his position on the TAC as well.

Maybe someone else has more information?!
"Every drill hole we put in there finds more gold"
lebugue-addick
Reactions:

Post by lebugue-addick »

Extract from Dip's verbatim notes from "Coffee with....Callum Baxter":

As you will see this is not new news:

Q. "So what's Callum Baxter doing now like post this great success you know, what's on the agenda apart from hanging out

A. Yeah I’m spending time with friends and family and of course I live on the south coast of west Australia been there for more than 12 years now so just taking some down time after working pretty hard particularly the last few years since 2018 the first drill holes at Hav

"It was a very busy period so again yeah just re-engaging with friends and family and haven't really pursued any new opportunities as yet but I’m sure that'll come in and also with the Covid travel restrictions and working out of the UK for many years I’ve only just been able to return to the UK and had a visit earlier this month and caught up with some of the colleagues that I’ve worked with for over 15 years out of London, that was very good it's good to see all they're all very enthusiastic and enjoying continuing their exploration activities

Q. "Any sparks happening, anyone pulling you back into the into the system?

A. Not as yet no, no I’m still pretty much at arm's length still enjoying catching up with friends and family but I’m sure inevitably it'll come that I’ll be pulled back in."
"If I said you had a beautiful ore body would you hold it against me?" :lol:
speedymeadie
Reactions:

Post by speedymeadie »

Hi All. I am fully aware that Callum resigned from the BODs, but has he now departed from the TAC? ATB Speedy
CanisLycaon
Reactions:

Post by CanisLycaon »

speedymeadie wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:07 pm...but has he now departed from the TAC? ATB Speedy
That's the question, for sure! I don't know, so hope that someone has more information!

Being on the TAC clearly doesn't necessarily require a daily, weekly, or even monthly, attendance at the 'office'.
archer1415
Reactions:

Post by archer1415 »

It all seemed news to Stuart which I struggled to understand. Callum is the CEO of Starvest PLC, again hardly a revelation, and they do have Greatland in their portfolio among other early stage exploration companies. A conflict of interests and that's why he's now at arm's length regarding Greatland maybe?? There was nothing in that recent interview that appeared negative and I've watched it a few times, he's still very optimistic indeed.
HopefullyGold
Reactions:

Post by HopefullyGold »

Samso said he has left. I'd love to be at the meeting next week to seek clarification and why from SD.

https://twitter.com/hinds_stuart/status ... 83424?s=21
zoros
Reactions:

Post by zoros »

Callum resigned from both posts (BoD and CTO) last august.
He runs starvest which owns just shy of 5% off GGP.
He also owns 11 million shares himself.
He remains one of the founders of GGP.
Z
Mremc2
Reactions:

Post by Mremc2 »

"He also owns 11 million shares himself." Is this correct, what is the source?

Annual Account 30 June 2021 page 66 states

CB owns "113.5m shares and 18m options"

I have not been through the RNSs but if he is down to 11 million shares he has 'sold' an awful lot of them. Surely he has not lent them to JPM!

Must be a mistake somewhere.
Bottle Rocket - Liam
DEV TEAM
DEV TEAM
Reactions:

Post by Bottle Rocket - Liam »

I think we might need to see some Evidence before any conclusions can be made here.

I’m not buying it otherwise. He only just publicly converted some options…
Liam.
"One mine, three mining areas, a BEAST of an ore body" :!:
Costa
DEV TEAM
DEV TEAM
Reactions:

Post by Costa »

Zoros.

You maybe reading whatever info you have incorrectly, and what is the date? Can you look again!
Gelli Aur
Hydrogen
Reactions:

Post by Hydrogen »

Hi Zorros,

Not sure where you got your info but I'm pretty sure it is incorrect.
What is your source...? Please clarify.
I'm just looking at a Bloomberg Terminal print (attached) WhatsApp'd to me 21st June 22 and is the 'list of top GGP buyers' in May 2022.
As you can see Callum 'ups' by 13m ( he exercised 18m options and sold 5m) taking him to 84.97m (as does Willem Middelkoop by 10.7m )
This corresponds with this RNS: https://www.lse.co.uk/rns/GGP/exercise- ... 0vqif.html
Looks like he forward sold 5m to pay for the 18m ?
Which matches all the other BT prints I've seen with Callum between 76 and 99m
Plus, of course, his Starvest exposure.... which must be another 15-20m

All this stuff in is in Telegram Zoros
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-07-09 at 21.59.43.png
In the end, Truth prevails...
zoros
Reactions:

Post by zoros »

Apols - just seen this - it should have read 111M shares.
My bad
:roll:
Z
CanisLycaon
Reactions:

Post by CanisLycaon »

zoros wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 6:25 pm Callum resigned from both posts (BoD and CTO) last august.
With respect, your post may cause some confusion, because it appears to have been in reply about the posts regarding the Tecnnical Advisory Committee (TAC).

Callum Baxter did indeed resign, as already posted in this thread, as a Director, and as Chief Technical Officer of Greatland Gold on the 31st August 2021, BUT, he was then appointed to the Technical Advisory Committee (TAC).

The question that I have posed, as has speedy, is, has he ALSO now resigned from the Technical Advisory Committee?
Hydrogen
Reactions:

Post by Hydrogen »

No I do not believe Callum has resigned this role on the Technical Advisory committee. My understanding is the role is “advisory” - ie consulting for ggp at Arms length for the time being.

He’s still very much involved, but wanted to spend some time with his family for the next year or so (and not trudge into work every day).

He selected Shaun Day to take over the day to day management of the company and Shaun has staffed up how he sees fit with Otto Paul Hallam etc to run a mining development company.
In the end, Truth prevails...
CanisLycaon
Reactions:

Post by CanisLycaon »

Hydrogen wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:06 am No I do not believe Callum has resigned this role on the Technical Advisory committee. My understanding is the role is “advisory” - ie consulting for ggp at Arms length for the time being.
Thank you for your comment Hydrogen, and, if that's indeed the case, then basically no change, as expected. If he had resigned from the TAC, then I would also have expected an RNS of the same. Nevertheless, maybe still a good question for Shaun Day at the upcoming webinar.
strudel
Reactions:

Post by strudel »

I went to LinkedIn and looked at Callum's profile.....
Doesn't mention the Technical Advisory Committee....
In fact since I didn't bother logging in to see the full profile, seemed to not say much at all but stuck to the facts of GGP and his former role.

I guess he's not in the shop window desperate to sell his talents.
Read on, the next poster will cover it all better....
CanisLycaon
Reactions:

Post by CanisLycaon »

If anyone wants to ask a question to Shaun Day during the LSE webinar (maybe about this!) you can email it to Donald Leggatt at: donald.leggatt@lse.co.uk

I've already asked another separate question, so maybe someone else could inquire about Callum's latest status in Greatland Gold Plc.
LoggyLogbot
Reactions:

Post by LoggyLogbot »

I'd also be interested to know if he is still on the committe. I enjoyed the interview with CB. It was one of a few interviews recently that made me think I should keep adding!

I did a quick google search and the only reference I get this year for Callum being on the Technical Advisory Committe is on Simply Wall Street, which I believe just scrapes data and can't be relied upon.

Google search:
"Technical Advisory Committee" greatland after:2022-01-01