Sprott not a fan of NCM

All things Greatland Gold.
Nitram64
Reactions:

Sprott not a fan of NCM

Post by Nitram64 »

Make of it what you will, but Sprott do not paint NCM in a glowing light in their updated note.

https://sprott.com/media/5493/220721-gg ... nority.pdf
Grizzle1
Reactions:

Re: Sprott not a fan of NCM

Post by Grizzle1 »

Struggling to fully understand Sprotts update... Willem seems happy though lol!
Attachments
Screenshot_20220721-223244_Twitter.jpg
Bottle Rocket - Liam
DEV TEAM
DEV TEAM
Reactions:

Post by Bottle Rocket - Liam »

Grizzle1 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:34 pm Struggling to fully understand Sprotts update... Willem seems happy though lol!
" We note the contradiction between Newcrest’s suggested tapering of high-grade based on a single new hole 150m shallower than the still-deepest 86m @ 3.1g/t could cynically point to their own M&A interest, "

This is the bit that caught my eye!!
Liam.
"One mine, three mining areas, a BEAST of an ore body" :!:
Nitram64
Reactions:

Post by Nitram64 »

Further re-iterated in their comments about the crescent deeps.

"Crescent Deeps:

the previous deepest hole saw 86m @ 3.0g/t AuEq ~100m below the MRE, reported in June (adding partial assays today, no change in headline). The 45m @ 3g/t AuEq was interpreted by Newcrest to suggest ‘tapering of the high grade’. We find this inference fascinating, and beg to differ given the drill hit is ~150m shallower than the headline 86m @ 3.1g/t AuEq, with 82m @ 3.0g/t AuEq vertically between the two albeit in the Eastern Breccia (Figure 2B). Stepping back, it has now been independently demonstrated that Newcrest’s PFS value was far lower than today’s independent valuation. Using a shallow(er) hole to elude to tapering at depth could logically represent a(nother) attempt by NCM to argue a lower valuation for GGP. With the buy-down now behind them, we think this would only make sense if M&A was on NCM’s agenda.
Aiming2please
Reactions:

Post by Aiming2please »

I interpreted that as newcrest have been lying fudging the books. Misleading to a lower valuation. Sprott now changing their tune now the 5% is out the way.
Hydrogen
Reactions:

Post by Hydrogen »

Bottle Rocket - Liam wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:59 pm
Grizzle1 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:34 pm Struggling to fully understand Sprotts update... Willem seems happy though lol!
" We note the contradiction between Newcrest’s suggested tapering of high-grade based on a single new hole 150m shallower than the still-deepest 86m @ 3.1g/t could cynically point to their own M&A interest, "

What have I been telling you for months Liam. I know you don't like to hear it...

But surely you can see it for yourself now?
In the end, Truth prevails...
Hydrogen
Reactions:

Post by Hydrogen »

Aiming2please wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:08 am I interpreted that as newcrest have been lying fudging the books. Misleading to a lower valuation. Sprott now changing their tune now the 5% is out the way.
Couldn't agree more... This is blatant subfucation and suggests a buy out within months IMO. If NCM dont start singing like canaries about the Eastern Breccia and the Nickel and that Had is looking like 20moz.... Then you know what is coming.

IMO most probably a case of 2+2= 26p... starting bid?

Those grades in the SE deeps, the Eastern Breccia extensions and gap zones (outside of MRE delineated zones) are simply tremendous, when you consider they are on top of what we already have.
speedymeadie
Reactions:

Post by speedymeadie »

Hi All. Newcrest or any other entity can make a play for GGPs share of Hav. SD will not let it slip from his grasp for peanuts and will reject any silly offers. He knows whats down there and will only recommend a price if it reflects true value. ATB Speedy
WhiteTiger
Reactions:

Post by WhiteTiger »

Is it possible for private investors to also assist, or offer support to S.D in blocking any such low ball take over, that is if we private investors still hold enough of the shares in issue?

I believe we get to vote on such an offer, but stand to be corrected by the more knowledgeable.

Happy to be holding long term and happy to vote "NO" to any such offer,"

W.T
Hydrogen
Reactions:

Post by Hydrogen »

Of course we can White Tiger...

PIs own around 80% of this company... What we say RULES. Collectively, we play the END GAME here... (if that eventuality arises)

Just make sure you know what to say and how to say it.

But rest assured, Liam (and many others) will not let fellow holders down on that front.
leslieby101
Reactions:

Post by leslieby101 »

Hydrogen wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:51 am Of course we can White Tiger...

PIs own around 80% of this company... What we say RULES. Collectively, we play the END GAME here... (if that eventuality arises)

But rest assured, Liam (and many others) will not let fellow holders down on that front.
Can't shout that loudly enough mate.
WhiteTiger
Reactions:

Post by WhiteTiger »

Hydro.

Thank you for your reply, much appreciated, compared to many here I think I hold a fairly small holding of a little over half a million shares which I fully intend on holding until the fat golden, coppery lady sings :D

W.T
HopefullyGold
Reactions:

Post by HopefullyGold »

Sprott increased their holding yesterday from 0.38 to 0.42% circa 100k shares. Their attention to detail in that report should be noted imo. Looks like they're back on board after selling 25 million previously. I'd love to get the JPM shorts removed.
David E Maus
Reactions:

Post by David E Maus »

Full marks to Sprott for calling out Newcrest.
Bottle Rocket - Liam
DEV TEAM
DEV TEAM
Reactions:

Hydrogen wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:51 am Of course we can White Tiger...

100%. Your voice and vote will be heard. it will be the biggest shareholder turnout if I have my way.
Liam.
Costa
DEV TEAM
DEV TEAM
Reactions:

Post by Costa »

Endorsing what Liam is saying here 100%. We are a community. This place will try and help facilitate the power of the crowd if it comes to that. Not talking about advice on which way to vote.

As H says, no matter what some say we do (PIs) hold a lot of clout collectively speaking. Around 80% of all shares in issue...

As Shaun said recently, our best days are ahead and i am sure that is the case. Two of the transition issues are behind us now... Funding remains but given the way Shaun has gone about his work and letting that work speak for itself i must say he had my confidence.

Bring on the remainder of 2022 and beyond!
Gelli Aur
Bottle Rocket - Liam
DEV TEAM
DEV TEAM
Reactions:

Hydrogen wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:32 am
Bottle Rocket - Liam wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:59 pm

What have I been telling you for months Liam. I know you don't like to hear it...

But surely you can see it for yourself now?
I hate to hear it H, - and yes, you have said it for a long time, I will give you that, - I want to see it for myself, but Sprott is not the kind of company that say things like this for shits and giggles.

I hold my hands up, you were right.
Liam.
hizer
Reactions:

Post by hizer »

According to Simply Wall St on 22nd July the general public hold 48.6% of GGP shares in issue.
Institutions hold 50.5% and private companies, insiders and public companies hold the rest.
I am also of the opinion that this share will continue to be shorted until NCM try to buy our 25%.
Would be happier if private investors held a bigger percentage, to give a bit of a buffer against institutions who may sell out for less.
Bottle Rocket - Liam
DEV TEAM
DEV TEAM
Reactions:

Not sure that is right. HL alone has nearly 1BN shares. and that is 1/4 right there.

Simply wall street is very algorithmic and does not show who it is taking into account as PI and II.

I would be cautious with that information.
Liam.
DipSard
The Oracle
The Oracle
Reactions:

Post by DipSard »

Costa wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:19 pm Endorsing what Liam is saying here 100%. We are a community. This place will try and help facilitate the power of the crowd if it comes to that. Not talking about advice on which way to vote.

As H says, no matter what some say we do (PIs) hold a lot of clout collectively speaking. Around 80% of all shares in issue...

As Shaun said recently, our best days are ahead and i am sure that is the case. Two of the transition issues are behind us now... Funding remains but given the way Shaun has gone about his work and letting that work speak for itself i must say he had my confidence.

Bring on the remainder of 2022 and beyond!
Absolutely Costs and a good distinction to make about gathering people together to ensure voting takes place BUT not offering advice on which way to vote.

However, this forum will be available for everyone to put forward their opinions on any potential sale or takeover offer and have informed debates to help build insights that we can use to inform our individual decisions in these matters.

And also agree, Shaun has taken two issues such as the Pacific Trends share issue and rather restrictive 5% exercise and obtained excellent outcomes for the benefit of GGP shareholders - very impressed to date at both Shaun and the entire team we have at the company.
“Study the past if you would define the future.” ― Confucius