Sandeep Out

All things Greatland Gold.
Frolinde
Reactions:

Sandeep Out

Post by Frolinde »

Hi All,

Best news in a long time, me thinks. Sandeep's Havieron strategy has failed and it would not surprise me if that was the main reason for his departure. I cannot imagine somebody new will continue Sandeep's bullying tactics. Most likely SP will start to reflect the prospect of a more cooperating partner shortly.

Let's go Greatland G / Holders!

F.
Hydrogen
Reactions:

Re: Sandeep Out

Post by Hydrogen »

For about 12 months i'v beeb thinking we could do with a new JV partner.
This could be it...

I can tell you for a fact - trusted sources tell me Biswas was made to look a total plonker at Denver for not mentioning Havieron… and then following Shaun Days MRE2 ... all the questions were 'about Havieron'.

This oversight was significant.

For a start, someone at NCM had to arrange have the Denver gold NCM webcast re-edited to make it say there were “no questions”… when there were several… 😂

ALL About Havieron - since SD had just released the conservative 6.5moz upgrade…

And as we all Know... The press totally clocked it. And reported it.

This of course will not have gone unnoticed by the BOD.

Meanwhile, his daft tactics then allowed Wyloo to take a cornerstone position in their key target and No 1 domestic growth target.

Oh Fu*k... !

Curtains for Sandeep, I'am afraid.
Last edited by Hydrogen on Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
In the end, Truth prevails...
Frolinde
Reactions:

Post by Frolinde »

Hi Hydro,

Thanks for the additional info.

Indeed, Denver was a joke. It will not be an easy task to for the new Chief to amend the the damage done to the Havieron project, except if it is an insider. Let's hope the bigger stakeholders are not tempted to sell their stake too fast. Even a 200% premium would be disappointing.

Cheers,

F.
Acechaser
Reactions:

Post by Acechaser »

Let's hope the bigger stakeholders are not tempted to sell their stake too fast.

Frolinde - Why do you think they would do that?
Frolinde
Reactions:

Post by Frolinde »

Hi Acechaser,

Wyloo has quite a few pots on the stove. Call me paranoid, but i think there is a chance that Havieron is used in a bigger deal. A deal whereby the total added value for Wyloo is not necessarily the best deal for us.

Cheers,

F
Hydrogen
Reactions:

Post by Hydrogen »

My impression is that Wyloo wants to expand , not divest their Patterson stake…. They see huge opportunities.

What if GGP is the vehicle for this…?

Then we get taken along for the ride, as a rising tide lifts all boats.

With Sandeep gone and with a new incoming CEO needing to pair back the losses….the NCM portfolio will surely be up for consolidation.

Wyloo could buy Telfer, easily
Frolinde
Reactions:

Post by Frolinde »

Hi Hydro,

I hope you are right! Some competition in the Patterson region would be good news!

Cheers,

F
Acechaser
Reactions:

Post by Acechaser »

Wyloo could buy Telfer, easily

I promoted that several months ago and it was suggested by some that I was off with fairies.
Hydrogen
Reactions:

Post by Hydrogen »

You are not away with the fairies Ace; you are bang on the money IMO.

I think Shaun Day could run Telfer 100x better than Newcrest. ( But that's a while off yet... ;) )

Let's face it they just "let go" / fired their COO and CEO.. Thats the head of NCM Telfer operations and long time NCM man Phil Stephenson (who is leaving with immediate effect with Sandeep). This decision is IMO testament to the failure of their operational credability.

Wind the clock back: Shaun's speciality at Northern Star was acquiring badly run assets on the cheap... and transforming them into vastely profitable operations.

That was 00Day's MO... his 'shaken not stirred' style... his bread and butter ... buy a gold mine cheap and transform it. Get it, yet ..?

I can hear pennies and boulders thumping into place.... 🤣😉

No one could predict how long Sandeep would last ... but something had to shift to break this deadlock.

I'll bet that dinner back in Melbourne was a right ol 'man to man' moment because no doubt by then , Sandeep knew the game was up...

So heads did roll... as I said they probably would, rather long time ago, well before the 'shenanigans' started...

I've said for a while NCM were in a massive pickle over Havieron... This was in part, the consequence... I’m not saying it was 100% the cause of Sandeep’s demise, but TBF no one made Sandeep look weak and plonkeresque quite like 00Day.

And what a potential opportunity this presents, when their new CEO wants to break NCMs old portfolio up? .
Last edited by Hydrogen on Sat Dec 24, 2022 12:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
Redirons
Reactions:

Post by Redirons »

Hi Hydro and Ace - I’ve seen this often before where a CEO/MD starts to believe their own hype and think they are indispensable and can rough shod over anyone/anything. They don’t always get their comeuppance as quickly as people would like but often do eventually. In this new world full of woke-ism it will likely happen quicker than before where proven acts of bullying, intimidation or general “better than you” attitudes come to the fore. Just look at the ease UK Prime Ministers are being taken down. My bet fwiw is that NCM will opt for Sherry Duhe or a “name” that can tick a similar number of woke boxes to try to get NCM shareholders back onside and NCM’s SP and dividends moving in the right direction. Personally I think Shaun is playing a blinder at little old GGP and has every chance of bringing Havieron front and centre of NCM’s deliberations next year.
Good luck to you both and all involved with GGP!!!
Red.
Redirons
archer1415
Reactions:

Post by archer1415 »

A little more on Mr Biswas's departure in this column. Peter Tomsett, Newcrest chairman said the board had been in talks with Biswas "for some time" and felt it was time to speed up the move.

Clearing any opposition to any corporate action next year? We'll see.

Merry Christmas Greatlanders!

https://www.scrapmonster.com/news/-/1/85933
Hydrogen
Reactions:

Post by Hydrogen »

Thanks Archer.

It's quite subtle... but did I just notice a slight repriooritisation of NCM assets....? Telfer back front and centre....?

“We also have a meaningful and increasing exposure to copper — a resource vital to global decarbonization efforts,” he added.

Newcrest currently operates the large open-pit and underground Telfer mine in Western Australia’s Pilbara region and is the top gold producer in British Columbia, Canada since the 2019 acquisition of the Red Chris copper and gold mine.

In January this year, the company expanded its footprint in Canada with the takeover of Pretium Resources, which handed it the Brucejack gold mine".

It's been a very long time since Telfer was listed as 'top of the NCM asset bill'.