Telfer for Sale: ASX juniors could play a role in the consolidation of a legendary WA gold field

All things Greatland Gold.
CanisLycaon
Reactions:

Telfer for Sale: ASX juniors could play a role in the consolidation of a legendary WA gold field

Post by CanisLycaon »

Stockhead

- Newmont is selling Telfer and its stake in Havieron after taking over Newcrest Mining in a US$15bn deal last year
- That means the M&A potential of the Paterson Province in WA’s East Pilbara has been blown wide open
- Newmont-backed Antipa Minerals is one of the biggest resource holders across the district, holding the 1.8Moz Minyari Dome project and JVs with Rio, Newmont and IGO

The US$15 billion dollar takeover of Aussie gold icon Newcrest Mining by the world’s biggest producer, Denver based Newmont Corporation (ASX:NEM), has seen the historic Telfer gold mine and a majority stake in the adjoining Havieron discovery hit the auction block.

Considered non-core by the near 7Mozpa gold producer, it promises to be the biggest restructure of one of Australia’s most significant gold fields in decades.

Operating since the 1970s, Telfer is the crown jewel of the Paterson province on the eastern edge of the legendary Pilbara mining district.

But it has been crying out for a major discovery to extend its life and keep the ~400,000ozpa gold mine and copper producer operating in full flight.

The first step to rejuvenating the 32Moz Telfer has been uncovered in the form of the 7Moz inventory at the 70:30 Newmont/Greatland Gold Havieron JV.

But with the underground development only likely to fill a portion of Telfer’s enormous processing plant and a number of challenges around tailings management at the Telfer mine itself, a premium will be placed on additional discoveries made in the surrounding region.....

https://stockhead.com.au/resources/telf ... ld%20field
"Every drill hole we put in there finds more gold"
Hydrogen
Reactions:

Re: Telfer for Sale: ASX juniors could play a role in the consolidation of a legendary WA gold field

Post by Hydrogen »

Nope, probably nothing.
In the end, Truth prevails...
Ivan66
Reactions:

Re: Telfer for Sale: ASX juniors could play a role in the consolidation of a legendary WA gold field

Post by Ivan66 »

I will say again............

Andrew Forrest can see around corners, With the Newmont takeover of Newcrest it left Australia without a large No1 producer, this wasn't lost on Twiggy who has set about creating one.

As I keep mentioning, Greatland does not need the current board to setup and establish a Northern Star MK2 on ASX. They currently do not fit this scenario. Why has Wyloo taken a position in Greatland but not eg Antipa.

A new Newcrest is being created in plain sight, Largest Australian producer, the name over the door will be "Greatland"

Keep watching.