ShinyBits

All things Greatland Gold.
HopefullyGold
Reactions:

ShinyBits

Post by HopefullyGold »

Any chance of an update on the Telfer processing and tailings plant?
Shinybits
Reactions:

Re: ShinyBits

Post by Shinybits »

My understanding is that the tailings dam is good to go, and the capacity increase for TSF8 will be ongoing and should be enough for at least 10 to 15 years.

Train 1 has been started up, at a reduced capacity and gradually ramping up while any restart issues are ironed out.

I’ll know a bit more in a couple of days after a chat but I believe train 2 was ready to start but a mechanical issue came up that will take 3 or 4 days to repair, then T2 will be started as well.

I’ve seen a picture of the stockpile (already crushed) ready for the mills, and it’s enormous!

I get the impression that lots of folks there are cautiously optimistic at worst, excited at best to be extracted from under the feet of a huge multinational, and in to the clutches of a smaller company that actually cares about Telfer and its future.
Redirons
Reactions:

Post by Redirons »

Thanks Shiny - really appreciate your contributions!!
Redirons
Hydrogen
Reactions:

Post by Hydrogen »

That’s good to hear Shiny … from observations tonight SD seems really genuinely thrilled and excited to get into deploying capital at Telfer to turn it around big time… seems the competition for love and capital attention within Newcrest meant Telfer really was the spurned child.

He’s got big plans for the VSC zone… sees that as immediate supply potentially up to 10 years worth.

Next group MRE should be interesting
In the end, Truth prevails...
Hydrogen
Reactions:

Post by Hydrogen »

Sorry signal sporadic
Last edited by Hydrogen on Tue Sep 24, 2024 11:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hydrogen
Reactions:

Post by Hydrogen »

That’s good to hear Shiny … from observations tonight SD seems really genuinely thrilled and excited to get into deploying capital at Telfer to turn it around big time… seems the competition for love and capital attention within Newcrest meant Telfer really was the spurned child.

He’s got big plans for the VSC zone… sees that as immediate supply potentially up to 10 years worth.

Next group MRE should be interesting
HopefullyGold
Reactions:

Post by HopefullyGold »

Thank you Shiny