The SP drop.......

All things Greatland Gold.
Copthis1
Reactions:

The SP drop.......

Post by Copthis1 »

....is tortuous. It takes balls of steel (or gold) or patience of a saint not to let it get to you. :cry:
Bottle Rocket - Liam
DEV TEAM
DEV TEAM
Reactions:

Re: The SP drop.......

Post by Bottle Rocket - Liam »

Some days are far easier than others, - I won't lie, I had a rough day last week, - I guess that is only human.
Liam.
"One mine, three mining areas, a BEAST of an ore body" :!:
Gerryj0
Reactions:

Post by Gerryj0 »

The darkest hour always comes before the Dawn. I really don’t know much, but the research that I have done tells me, without other positive, ground shifting news, this trend is going to continue until the FS is announced. Maybe a fantastic 5% announcement could reverse it. It hurts, but I’m in for the long haul. In the great words of Greenday - who I’m going to see tonight - wake me up when September ends. Let’s hope this time we’ve all got it right. GLA
CanisLycaon
Reactions:

Post by CanisLycaon »

Not sure if you meant tortuous, or torturous, but, to be fair, it's probably been a bit of both. :)

It's certainly frustrating, and I'd be more concerned, not that I'm really concerned now, if we weren't finding more gold (and copper!), and expanding the resource area pretty much every day, at Havieron. That is what maintains my ongoing highly positive view of the company, whatever the sp does in the short. or even medium term.
"Every drill hole we put in there finds more gold"
‘96dc2
Reactions:

Post by ‘96dc2 »

I’ve been on the avg down road for 2 years now.. 😅 as much as it has been frustrating, it has enabled me to invest more. Would be nice to see some green soon though.
Chippy999
Reactions:

Post by Chippy999 »

With the way the markets are in general towards miners ( look at the GDX and GDXJ), also the price of copper and gold ( in short term looks like maybe going lower).
And the general state of the world at the minute ( war, inflation etc…..)
I think the next few months will be more of the same unfortunately.
However when the markets bounce back ( they always do) and the political landscape starts to improve then we will hopefully be in the best place to really motor.

Just remember Havieron will become a little bit of history, amazing when you look at where it is now to even 12 months ago ( I know SP doesn’t show it!)

Hard to keep watching the drip drip drip but all the while GGP are working hard to keep growing the value of the asset.

Personal hope that the 5% is done by the NCM August results and then SD can put his plan ( he will have one no doubt) into making GGP a multi billion $ company

GL

P.s. well done on new site
bumhands
Reactions:

Post by bumhands »

I remember reading a post (probably on LSE) a while ago which supposedly quoted someone linked to an institutional investor and said that although they're not permitted to buy shares in a company such as GGP until the feasibility study stage, they can make money in the mean time i.e. by shorting and then when the time comes (post-FS) they can buy in at their preferred price.

Does this sound like it makes sense or is it nonsense?
_J_C_
Reactions:

Post by _J_C_ »

At least we have the next exploration update from Newcrest on Wednesday 20th July (late PM UK time), followed by the Havieron resource update from Newcrest on 18th August (late PM UK time) with their Full Year Results, which will be as of 30th June 2022.

This is in addition to whatever unscheduled news may be issued too.

As a footnote, worth managing expectations regarding Newcrest’s resource update in August. Their headline figure has been on “probable reserves” previously, and this figure from Greatland’s update in March was 2.4M oz Au and 109 kt Cu (2.9M oz AuEq), up from 1.6M oz Au and 73 kt Cu as per PFS.
Goldhunter
Reactions:

Post by Goldhunter »

bumhands wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:48 am I remember reading a post (probably on LSE) a while ago which supposedly quoted someone linked to an institutional investor and said that although they're not permitted to buy shares in a company such as GGP until the feasibility study stage, they can make money in the mean time i.e. by shorting and then when the time comes (post-FS) they can buy in at their preferred price.

sounds like nonsense - as if they short they still have to 'buy' the shares.
bumhands
Reactions:

Post by bumhands »

Goldhunter wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:53 pm
bumhands wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:48 am I remember reading a post (probably on LSE) a while ago which supposedly quoted someone linked to an institutional investor and said that although they're not permitted to buy shares in a company such as GGP until the feasibility study stage, they can make money in the mean time i.e. by shorting and then when the time comes (post-FS) they can buy in at their preferred price.

sounds like nonsense - as if they short they still have to 'buy' the shares.
That's what I mean - yes they'll have to buy them back eventually but by shorting in the mean time they can bring the price down to reduce their buy-in price when the time comes. Can't they?
Costa
DEV TEAM
DEV TEAM
Reactions:

Post by Costa »

Not as simple as that.

Ask yourself if they are selling shares they have borrowed, and not many others are in enough quantity, how and who are they going to buy the shares required from?

There is a sweat spot where that fails. If they are forcing by trading their own book then they are taking a risk IMO. Couple that with time...Well, you get the picture. They need shares and if no one offers them, guess what!

For what it's worth, i do not think that JPM (et al) insto short would do that but who knows. But it would not surprise me if the PIs short have given the synchronicity we see.

CM.
Gelli Aur
spiersggp
Reactions:

Post by spiersggp »

it's been a tough few months, but just got to hold and wait until the 5% has been resolved. Hang on in there LTH 🙏
GoldenI
Reactions:

Post by GoldenI »

in terms of short selling and proposed buy-back.
Would they really enter into this without an escape plan? Maybe they would, but there has to have been some calculation as to what was expected to happen.
Could it be based on the Pacific shares coming to market once (technically if) the decision to mine is agreed? This appears to be a possible opportunity to close out, does it not?
Bottle Rocket - Liam
DEV TEAM
DEV TEAM
Reactions:

Post by Bottle Rocket - Liam »

The 5% completion is when they get the shares Per the Half Year results in March (I think)
I asked Shaun about this, and this was his reply.

"Hi Liam,

I have had a few emails on this so it’s clearly presently a topic of some discussion.

As I have mentioned to others, I confirm that I’m aware of this issue, having reviewed this contract upon joining. For good order, I note GGP sort to provide a clearer understanding of it in our market disclosures as part of a general improvement in business practice.

I have described the transition process which is multifaceted. You should have confidence that this issue is one of those transition issues that I have turned my mind to, including discussions with Pacific Trends, with a view to delivering an appropriate solution.

Regards

Shaun Day"
Liam.
"One mine, three mining areas, a BEAST of an ore body" :!:
GoldenI
Reactions:

Post by GoldenI »

Thanks Liam.
Looks like there will be quite a lot happening in a fairly right timeframe, maybe this Autumn.
jecsggp
Reactions:

Post by jecsggp »

Got enough really, but all that keeps the finger off the button this morning is a lack of available readies. :!:
GGP holder for the longer term.
_J_C_
Reactions:

Post by _J_C_ »

Bottle Rocket - Liam wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:27 am The 5% completion is when they get the shares Per the Half Year results in March (I think)
I asked Shaun about this, and this was his reply.

"Hi Liam,

I have had a few emails on this so it’s clearly presently a topic of some discussion.

As I have mentioned to others, I confirm that I’m aware of this issue, having reviewed this contract upon joining. For good order, I note GGP sort to provide a clearer understanding of it in our market disclosures as part of a general improvement in business practice.

I have described the transition process which is multifaceted. You should have confidence that this issue is one of those transition issues that I have turned my mind to, including discussions with Pacific Trends, with a view to delivering an appropriate solution.

Regards

Shaun Day"

Thanks for sharing Liam. I was unsure regarding the 75% term for Pacific Trends - was it a legacy issue or a new clause, as it hadn’t been mentioned previously. Good to see Shaun has an eye for detail (picking up on it when he joined) and is transparent with reporting.

Fingers crossed he can reach a mutually beneficial solution with Pacific Trends for the 145m shares.
iseo395
Reactions:

Post by iseo395 »

If SD ‘suddenly’ came up with a solution that prevents the Pacific Trends shares hitting the market (no idea what this may or may not be however) that could really spice things up - IMHO that ‘could’ be what he’s alluding too with “ including discussions with Pacific Trends, with a view to delivering an appropriate solution.”
AIMHO and complete conjecture on my part!
HoldForGold
Reactions:

Post by HoldForGold »

Just my conjecture on this , but as we approach what many consider to be an important milestone for IIs , the DFS at the end of the year, if Pacific Trends do want to sell their shares here is an opportunity for an off market transfer between PT and an II (or two) which could offer an attractive price for both parties if you consider the difficulties of either buying or selling 145m shares on the market- as i say; just conjecture.
zoros
Reactions:

Post by zoros »

Or they could make PT an offer they couldn't refuse?
Z