Liam ....Bottle Rocket...

All things Greatland Gold.
Shake rag
Reactions:

Liam ....Bottle Rocket...

Post by Shake rag »

Seems to me, to be a sincere ,heartfelt,courageous statement. Good luck.
_J_C_
Reactions:

Re: Liam ....Bottle Rocket...

Post by _J_C_ »

Best of luck Liam.

You deserve to be commended for the countless hours you have dedicated to enhancing the GGP community for the benefits of fellow shareholders.

We could go into the negatives and what happened, but this is not the time or place.

Thank you Liam. No one can fault your commitment or drive. You put everyone else ahead of you, now time to take some time to yourself.

You deserve a break and hopefully chat again in the future.

JC
Josh_shep
Beta Team
Beta Team
Reactions:

Post by Josh_shep »

Liam, you are nothing but a good egg that only ever tried to do the best by everyone. People take advantage of that. You didn’t behave unjust in anyway whatsoever, a kettle will boil over eventually and you have way more patience than most.
Telegram does need you, nobody could and would put the effort into this and build something so unique and special.

Take some time, it’s not a life or death decision and everyone wants you to come back.
leslieby101
Reactions:

Post by leslieby101 »

Josh_shep wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:22 pm Liam, you are nothing but a good egg that only ever tried to do the best by everyone. People take advantage of that. You didn’t behave unjust in anyway whatsoever, a kettle will boil over eventually and you have way more patience than most.
Telegram does need you, nobody could and would put the effort into this and build something so unique and special.

Take some time, it’s not a life or death decision and everyone wants you to come back.
Echoed
Mad Mag
Reactions:

Post by Mad Mag »

Liam,

I have no idea what you have said or done to another poster but I am sure it was warranted/justified. Everyone has a breaking point and you have shown a lot more patience and dignity than the majority. Due to the time and effort that you have put into serving this community, nobody will think any less of you for what has just happened mate. Take a little time out if you feel it necessary but everybody wants you back on this forum.
mushroomkid
Reactions:

Post by mushroomkid »

Liam, The internet, when it was first donated to the world, was considered to be a good thing and a massive leap for humanity. It is on par with space travel. Sadly, the availability of instant messaging has also introduced us to the dark side of human nature and provided an anonymous outlet for negativity, manipulation and envy.

Despite these draining and distracting forces, there will be pioneers ready to enter the arena for good purpose. They face criticism from those who lack the bravery to do it themselves. It is easier to snipe and critique than to step forward and attempt a difficult task.

You have stepped forward Liam and look at what you have created for the benefit of others! We, the vast majority, appreciate that tremendously.
We're gonna need a bigger shovel
lebugue-addick
Reactions:

Post by lebugue-addick »

Mushroom, aka the wordsmith, has said it all so eloquently.

So Liam you will recall why you set this place up - to get away from the sniping, trolling and in-fighting that exists on LSE.

This venture has been a success - 100%.

Whether it was telegram that finally put you over the edge I do not know but reading some of the comments there I can fully appreciate why you might have reached the end of your tether.

As far as GGPChat is concerned take some time to reflect, have a sabbatical and come back re-energised if that's what you want to do.

In the meantime we will miss you I am sure. Take care.

l-a
"If I said you had a beautiful ore body would you hold it against me?" :lol:
Panama
Reactions:

Post by Panama »

Liam,

I'm not on Telegram and very infrequently on here, just to catch up on any research I may have missed from time to time.

I am very saddened to read your withdrawal post however, as I am almost certain it will not have been warranted.

You have a big heart; a lot of stamina and patience and the values of a Saint putting up with us lot and the rest.

Know you are valued by all of us who matter

Best

Panama
WhiteTiger
Reactions:

Post by WhiteTiger »

Liam

It is with sadness that I read your leaving post, where there is good intention for others, there will always be some individual or group that only seek to create doubt.

They are nothing more than keyboard worriers, not having the courage to stand face to face and look one directly in the eye, rather choose to hide in the shadows, where they feel safe to attack others good will.

Liam, as with others, you personally helped me into the telegram group and GGP Chat, for this I am ever grateful that you offered your time, the most precious of all gift to give.

Don't be disheartened, although easier said than done, it only helps the cowards win.

Thanks Liam "Bottle Rocket" who I mistakenly called "Bottom Rocket" once much to my distress, but others laughter, stay well, stay happy.

Best Wishes whatever you do.

White Tiger
Bardz
Reactions:

Post by Bardz »

Just wanted to add my thanks for your efforts in favour of us pics. Massive thanks its been a lot of work and most interesting.

The thing I would add is that the volume of noise to information is meaningful, the number of shares held by pics here is a problem further corporates and institutions. They want control of the cosy deals to provide finance, early warning of take overs or any news good or bad. So noise or abuse is interesting and points for things going on in the background. Upsetting important posters with real information is showing a hand and it's not random.

The objective here is to lever the company away from the large number of pics that own it and move it to corporate control.

What would be an interesting analysis would be volume of posting sentiment vs the share rise or fall or corporate activity fund raising or stake buildin. I think there will be a correlation.

So first step is to remove informed opinion or knowlege then the herd has only sentiment and gut feel to rely on. Then fear is the key again.

So thanks again and try not to take it too much to heart it's part of a plan.
Faulder
Reactions:

Post by Faulder »

Dear Liam,
I access this forum very frequently but do not normally post as I have little expertise and find it better to learn rather than make foolish contributions. However this situation is different and I would like to tell you that you are one of the handful of people involved here whom I really admire and respect for your outstanding contribution.
I remember Bamps taking a break in frustration from the LSE board for very good reasons I am sure and the delight of many when he returned after his sabbatical.
Can I ask you to please take the same route - take a break, but return refreshed !
You are both wanted and needed here !
HopefullyGold
Reactions:

Post by HopefullyGold »

mushroomkid wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:28 am Despite these draining and distracting forces, there will be pioneers ready to enter the arena for good purpose. They face criticism from those who lack the bravery to do it themselves. It is easier to snipe and critique than to step forward and attempt a difficult task.

You have stepped forward Liam and look at what you have created for the benefit of others! We, the vast majority, appreciate that tremendously.
If it wasn't for the likes of you, Paddy, Hydro, Jerry, Reddirt, Chartbuster, Bamps, Dip and many more good people calling out FUD on the Bulletin Boards, it would be flooded with even disinformation and I'm sure scaring PI's into liquidating their holdings.

Many times I've felt that this is a battle, Newcrest have effectively curtailed the Havieron PR for reasons only they know in the lead up to production ~ 20 months away. Sprott and GDXJ trade GGP shares at will and the JPM short is well documented.

Shaun appreciates the PI's without doubt so much so that he gave GGPhelp interviews. How many managing directories would do that with a member of Joe Public?

Now he has to elevate the sp and he will need all the help he can get.
4445A86F-7AE0-4CF8-A7B5-8888D69769BA-339-0000004E7CD5ABE4.jpg
OK so you had a wobble, proves you are human and fallible. Take a break by all means, but come back please.
CanisLycaon
Reactions:

Post by CanisLycaon »

Liam, what to say?

As an old codger (Me, not you.. I don't know your age!) all I can say is, don't just act in haste!

The internet has brought to life, on a daily, hourly, indeed minute basis, communication with people that we'd probably never, in a lifetime, connect with 'normally'.

Many of those people (I don't know the actual issue you've experienced, and I don't need to!) are people that you'd also never even want to meet in your life!

You'd probably cross the road, as I would, rather than actually engage with them!

OK, what am I saying...Good people are hard to find, and, IMHO, you're definitely one, and have done a huge amount for the true Greatland Gold community.

I totally understand how stressful it can be to read some of the crap posted on the various websites with Greatland Gold exposure.

However, I guess I've become more hard shelled over the past few years, as a result.

Whatever you decide, I hope you'll be back soon, and can ignore (as best you can) the people, as already mentioned, that you'd never really wish to meet in the 'real' world, because, as I say, you'd probably spot them coming from miles away!

Take care & all the best,
Canis
"Every drill hole we put in there finds more gold"
Costa
DEV TEAM
DEV TEAM
Reactions:

Post by Costa »

Great post Canis.
Gelli Aur
IanFTM
Reactions:

Post by IanFTM »

Nothing to say other than you have to question whether the issues that were caused, were by someone who normally carries out their "commentary" on ELSIE and has achieved what they set out to do.. Very disappointed to see Liam step down from Telegram and hope that he reconsiders and comes back, despite his principled stance. I , for one, will be happy to see him there.
David E Maus
Reactions:

Post by David E Maus »

Liam, Please come back.
Cheers,
David
Sticks
Reactions:

Post by Sticks »

Liam , I can only endorse all the supportive messages and add my personal appreciation for all you do and have done. I am sorry this situation has occurred but you are a true gent and I wish you well whatever you decide.

All the best

Sticks
Bottle Rocket - Liam
DEV TEAM
DEV TEAM
Reactions:

Post by Bottle Rocket - Liam »

As you can imagine there was many surprised people to learn of my exit.

I won’t go into details but I’ve found myself subject to the equivalent of an online intervention. By some wonderful people who I can call my friends.

I was somewhat checked out last night, and never coming back and feel sheepish even embarrassed to be back posting here 24 hours later.

But here I am. Your messages mean so much to me, both on line and off,

Obviously I have some stuff to work through, one’s mental health got the better of me, and for all my accolades that you speak of, my MH is the one thing that goes into my cons column.

Going to take a few more days, telegram we have a few things that need to change in order for this to never happen again.

Thank you all, and Thank you to team intervention

Much Love

BR
XXX
Liam.
"One mine, three mining areas, a BEAST of an ore body" :!: