Australia

All things Greatland Gold.
Olaffigura
Reactions:

Australia

Post by Olaffigura »

Hi All I hope you are all well!
I had a great chat with my missus nephew last night and discussed quite a few things!
Here’s his take on a few of the subjects, just his view of course!
Newmont/Newcrest deal, he said that will give them a hell of a lot of gold and it looks like newmont are putting their eggs on gold keeping on rising! ( which pretty much confirms all what we believe).
But he said it could lead to the possibility of stonewalling HAV, to buy us out cheaper, he said anything is possible in mining anything!
He then used Rio Tinto and the driverless trains in Pilbara as a example $10b and ten years work, because the drivers were trying to hold them to ransom ( one for Bamps) amazing what they done.
Shorting!
In his eyes definitely being shorted by whom , no idea yet could be Newcrest, could be newmont, could be our directors ( more than one way to buy shares) could also be a third party not yet in the mix!
But he said having a short with borrowed shares when given the nod can make the price increase very rapidly as well (artificially) maybe that’s what happened before when it reached 37p!
Next the new board!
In his experience if they are building a strong board and all the people have been put in place!
That’s more than enough information a pi needs, they will have more information than we will ever find out!
In his view they are not there for a wage check it’s definitely something bigger.
His last words were follow the board ( strong board good chance of gains).
But he also said in mining anything can happen and nothing is certain!
He hasn’t heard anything about a new signing but don’t discount it!
All in all I think there is as many conspiracies over here as over there!
All the best Ben
Olaffigura
Reactions:

Re: Australia

Post by Olaffigura »

$1b that was meant to be sorry
Aiming2please
Reactions:

Post by Aiming2please »

Lots of speculation and uncertainty like you say Ben however nice to get a different opinion on it all.

I’m not sure how Newcrest/Newmont would stonewall Havieron but if that happens I’m confident SD would do what he needs to do.

Thanks for sharing.
Bamps21
Reactions:

Post by Bamps21 »

Hi Ben hope you having a good time.
Sorry I know nothing about driving trains🙂

Regarding Newmont/Newcrest shorting I think that rumour died a death, news would have got out by now it’s been going on for too long.
More likely hedge funds, institutions or dodgy characters.

Regarding mothballing Telfer/Havieron I think the Aussie government would step in.
1200 workers at Telfer , all the staff at Havieron, broken contracts.
Machinery and staff dispersed might not be able to replace them.
Loss ounces onto the asset books just as they’re getting to the ore.
They’re not going to do that just to get one over on Ggp and obtain the 30%, the economics of such a strategy is mind boggling stupidity
GregY
Reactions:

Post by GregY »

Stonewalling Havieron would mean the death of Telfer…..not going to happen
Olaffigura
Reactions:

Post by Olaffigura »

Afternoon All
Sorry if it came out wrong !
He didn’t say they were going to stonewall it, he was saying it can’t be taken out of the equation especially if they merged, that would give them a hell of a lot of gold.
That’s why he used the train drivers for Rio Tinto as an example, they wanted more money, so they played work to rule , Rio were flying drivers out on helicopters to shift change!
So they decided to build a hub at the airport NASA would have been proud of and spent a billion dollars overcoming the problem ( which they could have sorted cheaper) on principle!
He is definitely still thinks it a great buy but was just pointing out to me some of the pitfalls!
It’s a great watch on utube though them trains are 2.4km long 😊
All the best Ben
Bamps21
Reactions:

Post by Bamps21 »

Hi Ben
No probs I know it’s something being put out there, the government are insisting that Telfer and Havieron are linked to make sure Telfer is not dismantled so mothballing is not on in my view.
Havieron has come to being at such a great time , 6 years to production is supersonic.
No matter where you look in Australia they don’t seem to want to recognise it as a huge find still referring to the low figures of the PFS.
In my mind it will continue as a jv with either which one takes over, I would prefer Newcrest better the devil you know.