30-40% move day is incoming?

All things Greatland Gold.
Sticks
Reactions:

Re: 30-40% move day is incoming?

Post by Sticks »

Hydro, from a post by Timber Trader on LSE it looks like it is the Jupiter Global Equity Absolute Return Fund that has purchased not the Gold & Silver Fund.
Hydrogen
Reactions:

Post by Hydrogen »

Yes, I noticed that also this morning... The data was updated overnight, I think.

Firstly There is always a lag... But Let's see how this pans out, and who is correct, shall we..? :-)

It may well even be that we have two Jupiter funds on the register now, but I personally doubt that at this stage... looking at the Jupiter Global Equity Absolute Return Fund holding they are principally large cap, low risk, dividend paying stocks and sector shorts.

( so I cannot quite see how GGP fits into that..? ) As you can see it doesn't fit with my understanding, but perhaps more is to be revealed.

Further, Absolutely no mention of gold exposure in their quarterly investment report. Sources:

https://www.jupiteram.com/uk/en/profess ... r-acc-hsc/

https://www.trustnet.com/factsheetpdf?u ... e=O:IMAABR

I think most probably the data is wrong...

Again... there is no way - IMO - that Blackrock has increased its position by 41m... Bloomberg Terminal does not support that.

But there is a fund buying.... and it's why our short is so 'over extend'... They've basically been forced to doubled their position for the same SP.

Something not quite right about that, is there? ;)
Last edited by Hydrogen on Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In the end, Truth prevails...
speedymeadie
Reactions:

Post by speedymeadie »

Hi Choddy. Blackrock, Jupiter, JPM are all preparing for the next massive leg up in the POG and so should you. ATB Speedy
CanisLycaon
Reactions:

Post by CanisLycaon »

Hydrogen is correct about BlackRock Group. They actually increased their holdings in Greatland Gold by 41,256,469 shares, to a total of 99,995,396 shares, back in March this year. The current, slightly smaller total, showing on Morningstar now, is due to a few of their funds adjusting slightly.
"Every drill hole we put in there finds more gold"
Sticks
Reactions:

Post by Sticks »

I agree Hydro, an investment in GGP would not fit with the Absolute Return fund brief but it naturally would with the Gold & Silver. I suspect you are therefore correct and the Morning Star data is simply wrong. :lol:
poniexpress
Reactions:

Post by poniexpress »

Hope that you're correct Hydro with the gold & silver fund . Have lightly dipped my toe into it for a change of scene with not too much risk.
poniexpress
Reactions:

Post by poniexpress »

re my post on this topic. Not intended as a recommendation or advice.
Willcocks20
Reactions:

Post by Willcocks20 »

Evening everyone, thanks for having me. I've only just seen the mention of this GGP chat and joined immediately. Delighted to see such great names on here and great job setting the forum up.
Best of luck to all. patience will be rewarded. :-)
Hydrogen
Reactions:

Post by Hydrogen »

Well chaps there you have it… finally a bullseye!!! :P

We got there, eventually , in the end (only 6months post the reporting on my part :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll: )

So ….

Jupiter gold and silver fund has now declared its 75.3m GGP position (as of Friday last week).

Jupiter had been sat, reporting just 5.8m since 22/feb/2023.

And here’s proof… of the big buy:

https://www.morningstar.com/stocks/xlon/ggp/ownership

Now this is deeply significant…

The manager of this fund, Ned Naylor Leyland, is highly respected, skilled and experienced, and has managed this fund for years. He knows gold, mining companies, and mineral deposits inside out. If he’s in, that’s a big deal. It’s a huge vote of support.

Over the years Ned’s picked many of the big winners; like Chalice , De-Grey and Great Bear really early on, but freely admits he “missed GGP.”

But now, today, he’s in… and TBF at this later stage, he’s in fairly BIG. Probably - and I’m guessing here - but around 3% position in his fund

Speaks volumes IMO.

Ned bought at 8.6p - throwing circa £6.5m UKP at GGP - why?

One word…. Quality! That’s why.

Ned has come to the table based on quality…that speaks volumes to Havieron and GGPs management.

No doubt his HUGE order may have driven the recent Wyckoff accumulation pattern, over the past 3 months…

Now call me a conspiracy theorist, but IMO that dip to 6.7p in March was no doubt a market maker led rinse out desperately trying to fill Ned’s 70m order at 8.6p… so does that make Sharky Bruce and gimpPlode and the other LSE grifters (not to mention Lurker5 on ADVFN) just proxy accounts for market markers?

Dismiss them as such.

Now they have it filled, the wankers should let this go. No wonder we’ve experienced so much 6p-4p FUD in March/April ..

It’s dirty… and shocking really, but hey ho. That’s how these grifters roll. Anyhow Jupiter is now in and we have Ned’s authority and judgment on board … Other funds on the sidelines, pondering a ggp stake, will no doubt follow.

Plus Jupiter Gold and silver is the principal UK managed gold + silver fund…

Chances are, the average uk pension advisor / manager may use Jupiter to get exposure to gold + silver and many manager late to the sector, will be buying stakes in Jupiter over the next 3-12 months… as gold moves towards $3000

This should see his GGP stake increase over time.

A huge vote of confidence from a professional investor.
Attachments
183E0983-08E7-4DD8-9F38-A1C6FAEF7A08.jpeg
Last edited by Hydrogen on Wed May 10, 2023 10:58 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Aiming2please
Reactions:

Post by Aiming2please »

Is this the shorts closed by almost 50% last week
Aiming2please
Reactions:

Post by Aiming2please »

Is this why I mean
Hydrogen
Reactions:

Post by Hydrogen »

Oh and just to be clear….

The Jupiter Absolute return fund also did buy, and then sold 10m, sometime around August/September then selling at a loss October/November last year.

But Ned’s Jupiter Gold and Silver fund bought a 5m starter stake around Dec or Jan 23 and the 70m balance accumulated since late February - April 2023.
Last edited by Hydrogen on Sun May 07, 2023 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hydrogen
Reactions:

Post by Hydrogen »

Aiming2please wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 12:21 pm Is this the shorts closed by almost 50% last week
Aiming - I’m Not sure about that ‘50% close’ because that was all rather odd and didn’t move the price… could have been to do with 45m gdxj buy loaning to fill the order slowly or maybe someone borrowed to block a shorter borrowing more???

I assume all open shorts will be closing rapidly now.

There’s only so much juice you can squeeze. That game is up.
Nothingspecial
Reactions:

Post by Nothingspecial »

....More of this again. At some point hydro you throw enough darts at the bullseye you hit it. Same old heard it from you for over a year on LSE. Hopefully you are correct for all shareholders all the best
Nothingspecial
Reactions:

Post by Nothingspecial »

When is the 30-40% move day coming? This year maybe....
Hydrogen
Reactions:

Post by Hydrogen »

Hi Nothing Special...

I think it's probably fair to say I only threw one very specific dart - and hit the bullseye - regarding Jupiter Gold and Silver buying GGP (see below).

And that was almost 9month ago - August 2022 - to be specific.

As it turned out I was partially wrong, on that occasion. As it happened another Jupiter fund the Absolute Return Fund bought 10m which confused matters.. (and moved us up around 20%) but they later bailed, at a loss, which didn't half confuse things.

Regardless - I was just very early and the evidence didn't fully emerge till much later - ie last week. :roll:

I was around 6-9 months months early with my first comments Jupiter Gold and Silver would be buying GGP - or at least were planning to buy. That is pretty darn specific, wouldn't you say....? Given there are really not that many UK based funds that own GGP (or have bought any GGP in size).

I'm happy that it will be just put down to a lucky guess on my part... that's fine with me.

IMO we get the 30-40% day when our resident short gets squeezed out. That will be the Hail Mary Hallelujah moment.

Last I looked there was still some 48m shares on loan.

Now the caveat is we obviuosly don't know that this is not some Tribeca hedge, or whatever. BUT personally I find that pretty unlikely given the very obvious, observed and fully documented relationship between increasing 'stock on loan' and the 'demise of the GGP SP' over the past year(s)

All else equal, we have essentially jumped 30% on this recent 70m Jupiter buy. That's quite a move. Lifting us from broadly from 7.2p to 9p, over the month or so they (obviously/probably?) took to fill said 70m order.

It certainly wasn't gold price related move, now was it? ( - given we don't produce any ). ;)

Regarding throwing darts... I've always been pretty specific with my views and opinions. I've leant the hard way predicting GGP's SP is folly. But TBF I had no idea just how easily a market could be moved around and controlled on low volume. (Big lesson on my part).

Ggp is something special. And Ned Naylor Leyland's 70m buy confirms that ... It sure smacks of confidence... But if, and when, that 48m on loan is rapidly closed/repurchased this totally explodes I can and will happily guarantee that.

This is becuase most PIs know that GGP almost certainly is a MAJOR takeover target.

These same Pis are the ones who, in many cases, have held from sub 2p to 38p ( and so they won't let go easily or cheap ) and by cheap I mean sub 30p .

The reality is that a 30-40% jump may be early indication of an incoming bid. At the very least that could potentially be concluded by a majority of PIs

Sellers beware!
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-05-09 at 10.02.16.png
Aiming2please
Reactions:

Post by Aiming2please »

Regarding the Wyckoff accumulation chart, doe anyone think we have had the spring and now we have come down to meet the support. I’m hoping as the next push up is a higher high.